Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply? Wells Fargo Propel American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply? Wells Fargo Propel American Express

Hello everyone! I am currently 21 years old and have 4 credit cards (Chase FU, Citi TP, Disco, Amex CM).  Disco is oldest card at 1yr 1mo, Citi and chase have an age of 3 mo, the Amex card has an age of 1mo. I keep 0% util on all accounts and have no baddies, income is around 15k (in college) 7 inquiries in past 12 months with latest being 9/18. FICO 8: 701 EQ:692 TU:692 should I apply now? 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply? Wells Fargo Propel American Express

my suggestion would be no. Way too much recent activity. Let some of those current CCs maturate first. avg age is too low and a ton of recent inquiries. Not worth the risk of denial. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long would you suggest to wait?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say space your applications to 6 months. That means 6 months after your last approval/denial. Besides you need to clear out those inq's and maybe less than 5 would work. Try again in a year in my opinion.
Message 4 of 6
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Space out the next app at least 6 months from now. 

Too many cards in last 3-6 months will just cost you a wasted inquiry.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - I would suggest waiting 6 months and ask for CLIs on your existing cards - I would allow those cards and AAoA to mature to 12 months + before seeking better cards. Wouldnt it be better to wait 12months - let the INQ fade and existing CLs to go up and then app for the Propel and get approved for $4000 rather than wait six month and maybe if Propel gets approved for $1000 ? 

My guess is Propel would deny you today and problably deny you in 6 months - 1 year from now your chances are much better. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.