Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for Quicksilver?

tag
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I apply for Quicksilver?

I'm definitely in the "no to A and B" category.

I just sent a message through Facebook asking someone from the EO to call me and explaining what was going on. I got the same response - no offers available and something about being in the process of upgrading chips in cards so new offers not being available until that process is complete, yadda yadda...

So I'm back to square one. Do I app or not? I just don't know.

Maybe I should just close the darned thing and be done with them for now.

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't close it just yet, and don't apply for the QS. Even if you do not use it, by having that line open and aged a bit more, you will be in better shape if you do end up going for a mortgage. As much as I love the QS, you are better just holding off. You might have luck if you try to PC again in a few months. Email the EO and tell them you are closing the account as it does not meet your needs unless you can switch.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lolabelle wrote:

I'm definitely in the "no to A and B" category.

I just sent a message through Facebook asking someone from the EO to call me and explaining what was going on. I got the same response - no offers available and something about being in the process of upgrading chips in cards so new offers not being available until that process is complete, yadda yadda...

So I'm back to square one. Do I app or not? I just don't know.

Maybe I should just close the darned thing and be done with them for now.

They've got a point, they are in the process of upgrading to the chipped cards on the QS line.  They expect to be done by May of this year.  I'd hold on to the card, but I understand if you don't want to pay the AF.  Unless the TL has a huge credit line with would adversly affect your Util, it's okay to close it as well, as you chances of getting a mortgage wouldn't fall because of a closed account in good standing.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Facebook CS is useless. Call EO
Message 14 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Facebook CS is useless. Call EO

Already Pm'ed some info hours ago Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 17
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Don't close it just yet, and don't apply for the QS. Even if you do not use it, by having that line open and aged a bit more, you will be in better shape if you do end up going for a mortgage. As much as I love the QS, you are better just holding off. You might have luck if you try to PC again in a few months. Email the EO and tell them you are closing the account as it does not meet your needs unless you can switch.

That seems like really sound advice.  Thanks. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you are already feeling overwhelmed, I certainly would not add more cards unless you are subtracting some.

Not everyone enjoys having 5, 6, 7, or whatever cards. Some prefer less and that is totally okay. Really, for FICO purposes you don't "need' 5 or 6 in most cases. Plenty of people have 2 or 3 cards and have great scores! The decision to have more is based on preference. So if you prefer less, I would not be adding more right now.

Also, don't apply for things unless you are really sure, as a rule of thumb. Dinging your AAOA and taking a HP when you are not convinced is not a good move. Wait and if you still want it, go for it. It's not going anywhere.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.