Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for a NFCU CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply for a NFCU CC?

Recently got in with Navy Federal! I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger and apply for a card with them or wait? My scores are 658-EX, 717-TU, and for some odd reason I don't have or it does show a FICO 8 for EQ but I do have a FICO 9 of 718 with EQ. I have Citi Secured ($200) and I just apply for Capital One Unsecured Premium ($300). Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for a NFCU CC?

I believe youll have really good approval odds. Your first card with them will usually have your lower limit. So the card you want to use the most, I would save that for your second card application... which is usually a lot higher SL and can be applied for at the 91/3 mark.

Message 2 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You can also try calling csr to see if you have any pre-qualification for their cards. It's a good tool to gauge your eligibility.

If your profile does not support it, I would not recommend the Flagship as a first card because that has stricter requirement with a $5,000 minimum starting limit.

Message 3 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently got in with Navy Federal! I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger and apply for a card with them or wait? My scores are 658-EX, 717-TU, and for some odd reason I don't have or it does show a FICO 8 for EQ but I do have a FICO 9 of 718 with EQ. I have Citi Secured ($200) and I just apply for Capital One Unsecured Premium ($300). Any suggestions??

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forums!

I would do as suggested in post #2 and 3. (if that makes sense?)

Call navy and see what you prequalify for?

Good Luck and report back for dutySmiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU will pull FICO9-TU, so if you're in the low 7's there - you will likely be *JUST FINE*.  Don't know what else is in your file, but I"ll tell you, our friends at NFCU have been pretty good to a lot of folks here, and if you have > 700 TU, you should be fine.

GOOD LUCK!  Let us know how it goes and post your approval in the Credit Card Approvals forum!

Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would just as pply, its only a hp and chances are Navy makes you their number 1Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the advice! Unfortunately I wasn't approved for the Go Rewards card even after talking to a CSR but I will wait and try again at a later day I guess. 

Message 7 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all the advice! Unfortunately I wasn't approved for the Go Rewards card even after talking to a CSR but I will wait and try again at a later day I guess. 

That is unfortunate. Did they give you an option for the secured nRewards card?

Message 8 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, Sorry for your denialSmiley Sad

I can tell you, I have had a few.(well plenty)  It is just part of applying for credit.

Don't let it get you down. Continue to read and learn.

And one day, you will celebrate conquering that mountain!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it was given which i might retry soon and that will be the card that i do. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.