Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for the AmEx PRG?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for the AmEx PRG?

Not sure it's worth pushing them. I certainly wouldn't put in a BBB complaint. Just wait for a response.
Message 21 of 27
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

My scores were 40 points lower and i was approved 2,000 for BCP and the PRG. GO FOR IT! 👊👊

Message 22 of 27
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all of the advice.. I think I'll send in my application in on the first of September for the Platinum card then! (don't have any travel plans until November)

I was over here thinking that I needed at least a 5 year credit history as well as credit scores in the 800's to be in the running for an Amex Platinum

LMAO I thought that just a year ago JUST to get an AmEx card!

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all of the advice.. I think I'll send in my application in on the first of September for the Platinum card then! (don't have any travel plans until November)

I was over here thinking that I needed at least a 5 year credit history as well as credit scores in the 800's to be in the running for an Amex Platinum

LMAO I thought that just a year ago JUST to get an AmEx card!

lmao well hopefully I'll get accepted soon! The anticipation is killing me!

I was more so worried about my short credit history and lack of other credit accounts :/

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved! Took various phone calls, multiple days spent waiting.. but I got that approval email while on hold with a supervisor Smiley Very Happy

Extremely excited, sucky part is having to wait for the card to show up, since I'm overseas. I don't think the card will get here anytime before September 15th :/

Got in under the 50,000 points deal for spending $1000 in the first three months. 

Also asked the manager what my odds were with the platinum card, and he said after reviewing my info, that I am highly likely to get approved.. which aligns with what everyone said in this thread. 

This forum is awesome, and thank you all for the advice!!

Message 25 of 27
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got approved! Took various phone calls, multiple days spent waiting.. but I got that approval email while on hold with a supervisor Smiley Very Happy

Extremely excited, sucky part is having to wait for the card to show up, since I'm overseas. I don't think the card will get here anytime before September 15th :/

Got in under the 50,000 points deal for spending $1000 in the first three months. 

Also asked the manager what my odds were with the platinum card, and he said after reviewing my info, that I am highly likely to get approved.. which aligns with what everyone said in this thread. 

This forum is awesome, and thank you all for the advice!!

I just read your whole ordeal and I'm glad you got approved. Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread is locked and closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/New-member-to-the-Amex-family/m-p/5031308

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.