Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply or wait? CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply or wait? CSP

I got the Chase Freedom w/3k SL in early November, which put me at 4/24. My third statement just cut and I currently have no prequals from Chase. I was looking into applying for the CSP, but is 3 months too early?  I only have 1 account with a credit limit above $5k and 2 with a 4k limit. I was going to hold off on applying until I had higher spend, to reach the SUB. And, now I am about to pay my spring tuition and would like to put it on the card to meet the somewhat high minimum spend for the SUB. I was also looking into applying for the card because it's currently offering 0% APR for 12 months, which doesn't seem to be a common offering on the CSP. 

TU = 728 w/3 HP
EQ = 731 w/4 HP
EX = 732 w/4 HP
Overall CU = 17%

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Should I apply or wait? CSP

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the Chase Freedom w/3k SL in early November, which put me at 4/24. My third statement just cut and I currently have no prequals from Chase. I was looking into applying for the CSP, but is 3 months too early?  I only have 1 account with a credit limit above $5k and 2 with a 4k limit. I was going to hold off on applying until I had higher spend, to reach the SUB. And, now I am about to pay my spring tuition and would like to put it on the card to meet the somewhat high minimum spend for the SUB. I was also looking into applying for the card because it's currently offering 0% APR for 12 months, which doesn't seem to be a common offering on the CSP. 

TU = 728 w/3 HP
EQ = 731 w/4 HP
EX = 732 w/4 HP
Overall CU = 17%

Have you checked for in branch pre-approval? 

Three months may be a little early, but if your profile supports it, they just might go for it. Really no way to tell without pulling the trigger 

Message 2 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Once you get approved for a Chase card believe you have to wait at least six months before the pre-approvals start reappearing again. If you believe your stats warrant it doing a cold app wouldn't be out of the question.

Message 3 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I just noticed you said 0% for 12 months. I cant say that I've seen that before 

Do you happen to have a screenshot or a link to that offer 

Message 4 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I just noticed you said 0% for 12 months. I cant say that I've seen that before 

Do you happen to have a screenshot or a link to that offer 

It's actually the standing offer online atm. I just checked and was surprised to see it. Smiley Surprised

https://creditcards.chase.com/rewards-credit-cards/chase-sapphire-preferred

Message 5 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I foresee a lot of BTs after that offer expires 

Message 6 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I foresee a lot of BTs after that offer expires 

Yep. Smiley Indifferent

Chase is also pulling some really shady poop emoji with that 0% intro offer. Refresh the page and it's gone, refresh again and the 0% intro offer only applies to BTs, again and it applies to both once again. People who apply need to ss what offer they're getting in case Chase comes sweeping in saying othewise.

Message 7 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

That's what I was saying. I've only seen it for BTs 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've only seen it for purchases and like simplynoir mentioned, it goes away after a refresh. But the offer does constantly show up if you reopen the site. I've also seen 2.99% APR for 12 months if I refresh the page. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, it does say Purchases and Balance Transfers. Just pulled it up and took screenshots of all the offers. But my reply option doesn't seem to let me attach pictures.... but literally seconds apart it went from no intro APR, to 2.99% APR, to the 0% APR. Both offers were for 12 months on purchases and BT

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.