Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go for the Savor One in March?

tag
flexin222
Regular Contributor

Should I go for the Savor One in March?

Evening guys, I have the Quicksilver from Capital One/older card with a $7300 CL, but am fearful that if I apply for a Savor One in March they won't give me a higher end CL. I've gotten 3 cards in the last 3 months and my credit age has dropped to 4 years so I'm trying to chill for a minute to build up. Credit scores 720's and up w/2 inquiries. What do y'all think?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Should I go for the Savor One in March?

Does the CapOne prequal show anything for you? And when exactly was the last app i.e. this month, last month, etc?
Message 2 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Where is your utilization? Any lates?

If your AAoA is 4 years after getting several new accounts, you presumably have a few more years of total history, so 720s sound a little low.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your credit seeking would probably get you their no SUB, max APR cards they're pitching for average credit lately. I would check the prequal and see what it says. 

If you're wanting it for restaurants, fast food and bars/clubs, the Marvel may be easier to get. It's more limited on the entertainment side but offers the same 3% on dining. It's certainly the card I would be looking at if faced with no SUB or intro APR from Capital One for a triple pull. 

Message 4 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

There are alot of cards out there that dont require a triple pull.

Im just not a fan of Cap1

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 10
flexin222
Regular Contributor

My last application was the Propel card in November, Simplynoir. I've never used the Prequal and just brought it up as I read your post. I appreciate the info and gotta tell ya that I was waiting on the Savor because I was going for the Hilton Honors a few months before my next vacation so I can get that reward for my hotel stay...

Message 6 of 10
flexin222
Regular Contributor

Okay guys I tried the prescreen on Capital One and it says that I am opted out! I've never opted out before, but will try to opt in for pre qualifying.

Message 7 of 10
flexin222
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice Saeren, I'll check into the Marvel card! I am a diehard Marvel and X-men comic book collector and it never occurred to me about that card. I tend to think my credit is pretty okay, but my Fico scores vary...731 Eq...717 Trans...789 Exp

Message 8 of 10
flexin222
Regular Contributor

Hey WasCB14, my total utilization is just below 10% and my Quicksilver is like 4% with $7300 CL. I had over 12 years beginning of 2018, but with closing Credit One Bank credit card and getting new cards my credit age dropped to a little over 4 years. That is one reason I was holding off till February to get another card.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@flexin222 wrote:

Thanks for the advice Saeren, I'll check into the Marvel card! I am a diehard Marvel and X-men comic book collector and it never occurred to me about that card. I tend to think my credit is pretty okay, but my Fico scores vary...731 Eq...717 Trans...789 Exp

You'll very likely be approved for the Marvel. It's from Synchrony Bank and they're usually considered a 700+ gets the farm lender. The most they generally approve a Marvel for to start is $2K but they grow quickly with SP CLIs to $10K. 

The language saying you may be opted out just means they don't have a prequal for you unless you actually opted out of all credit card marketing. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.