Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I take it or or not? Apple Card offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I take it or or not? Apple Card offer

Have been testing the Apple Card approval and recently was shown a $3000 line, not sure if I should take it for the HP or not?

We don't really need the credit but it would help somewhat with utilization and would be our 2nd highest bank card (highest is a Cap 1 at $3500).  Also have an Amex Gold Charge with a PSL of $7000

Always nice to have options "just in case" - wish more companies offered approvals showing what they will offer with just a SP.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I take it or or not? Apple Card offer

The decision is entirely up to you.  If your gut feeling is not to take it, if you don't really need it, then don't.  It's always going to be there.  Utilization can be managed in a variety of ways, and sometimes adding extra layers on the cake may not work for some profiles.  Consider the AAoA impact + the HP (if meaningful), future growth, reporting, and whether the card would have a limited purpose (besides padding).

Also, you mentioned the Gold Charge card's "PSL".  That POT 'CL' feature doesn't report to the CRAs.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple is offering 6% cash back this month on Apple Store purchases to new cardholders. So if you need some apple products, it could be a good time to accept the offer. They also allow SP for CLI, so if you are looking to grow your overall limit, it could be a good card to have in pocket.

Message 3 of 6
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

Is correct - the 6% Apple Cash back for Apple Store purchases is a really good deal.

Unfortunately, I have had this card for 2 years and as a current card member, do not get any of these SUB...

Message 4 of 6
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Apple is offering 6% cash back this month on Apple Store purchases to new cardholders. So if you need some apple products, it could be a good time to accept the offer. They also allow SP for CLI, so if you are looking to grow your overall limit, it could be a good card to have in pocket.

Want to add the to get the 6% cash back, you need to PIF. Also, they're rumored to release a new iPad Pro this month and I'm sure this will be a great way to save on a device that otherwise will not be discounted for probably another several months.

But still don't apply if you don't need the card and if it's not going to solve an immediate problem or save you money on something you're already planning on getting. I don't have a 2% CB card and even I still don't think it has that much value over my Chase Freedom Unlimited that I need to run out and get it. I may be bias though as I have the  Best Buy card and I value the Elite Plus status there quite a bit and Apple usually helps me hit those spend goals (not to mention the financing options).

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want the card, get it. I only really advise people to not waste their time getting cards they aren't sure about if it has an annual fee. If you don't mind the hit to your report age, plus the new account dings then sure go for it. 

Ultimately I think it is best to have a list of cards you really want and then work towards those. It sounds like you want this card but just don't let marketing get the best of you. Every card you add to your portfolio should serve a purpose. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.