Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try for an early Graduation with Bank of America

tag
DueDilligence
Contributor

Should I try for an early Graduation with Bank of America

For the last 10 months I've been rebuilding my credit wth Bank of America. I have been rebuilding my credit with a secured card from them, and have made all paymentson time. I've received all types of pre-appoved offfers through the mail by people who are just trying to take advantage of me it seems like. It's pretty crumby to me because Im trying to rebiuild my credit.

I have been looking very forward to graduating and have been holding off this whole time in regards to applying for new lines of credit. I just really  hope that my bank takes that into consideration and notices my loyalty.

My question is, do you guys think they will approve me if ask them to consider graduation a month in advance?

I'm looking very forward to becoming credit worthy and having a great rating!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I try for an early Graduation with Bank of America

You should be graduating anytime now-!!!! Yeah, truly-!!!Heart

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you ask now, its a HP. So if it's worth a HP, then go for it. honestly having 2 or more cards is better for you, but BoA will appreciate the low inqs. i think youve got a good shot, but why not wait a month and get an auto graduation + CLI?

Message 3 of 25
baller4life
Super Contributor

I unsecured at 6 months with a hp. If your TU looks good, go for it. If the analyst doesn't give you a fat cli, accept their offer,hang up and call regular backdoor analyst and ask for $20k. They will counter.
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Graduated BOA at nine months (called CSR) and they did an HP and added a CLI of $500 to my existing $1,000 (refunded my deposit at graduation). After that they refused to give me any relief on the AF and would NOT increase the CL so I closed the account.
Message 5 of 25
DueDilligence
Contributor

Alright guys... I finaly devloped the courage to call Bank of America in regards to them considering graduating my secured card early!!!!!!!

They unsecured me!!!!!! I was really nervous when they were reviewing everything! The Gentleman was very polite and complemented me on how my report looked as far as recent activity! They increased my credit line from $300 to $500. I asked them if they could convert my Platinum PLus Visa card to the cash rewards and I was informed that I would have to submit an another application. In regards to obtaining the cash rewards, I was informed that if I was approved for that card I would have two seperate cards unless I wanted to close my current card which I don't.

Either way it goes I am extremely thankful and happy they unsecured me!!! I may attempt to  go through with cash rewards application and cross my fingers. If I get apporved for that card I will truly be ecstatic.....

Message 6 of 25
baller4life
Super Contributor

They can add Cash Rewards to your current card. They do it all the time. Call back and talk to a regular analyst and ask for a cli. Tell them while you appreciate the $500, you really need a higher limit to make them your main card. They will use same hp. What is your highest limit right now?
Message 7 of 25
DueDilligence
Contributor

$500 is the highest limit I have. This is my one and only card I have on file.

Message 8 of 25
baller4life
Super Contributor

I see. I would try to pick up one or two more cards as well. Stay AWAY from Credit One, First Premier. Are you a member of a CU?
Message 9 of 25
DueDilligence
Contributor

Yea I definitely want to staw away from those cards. As far as CU member, no.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.