Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i apply for amex plat?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should i apply for amex plat?

Long story short: 3 months ago i applied for amex card and picked green card and approved ( regret) now do i have a chance to get either gold or plat? Ex inq: 11 😂
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should i apply for amex plat?

@Anonymous wrote:
Long story short: 3 months ago i applied for amex card and picked green card and approved ( regret) now do i have a chance to get either gold or plat? Ex inq: 11 😂

Hi!

I think that for us to be able to help you we will need a lot more information about your credit profile such as:

- Credit score

- Utilization ratio

- Accounts open

- Total credit line

- Any problems with any banks or BK?

- Credit history/ age of accounts

And so on...

Without considering all the factors above it is hard to help but there's nothing, as far as I know, that says that you can't apply for the Amex Gold or the Plat BUT keep it in mind that there's a huge difference in AF. Why did you apply for the green and not the Amex Gold (or PRG back in time)? 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply

Fico8 low 700s across the board
Ult: 2%
Account: 6 ( 5 in the last 8 months...include 2 bofa cards last week)
Tota CL: 12k
No bk no collection but i do hve 1 30 late and 1 60 day late 4 years ago

Aaoa: my guess is prolly 12 months
Oldest of the account is 5 yrs

When i applied for the green thought it was easier...and just want a relationship with amex..

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There's an easy way to check.

Login to your American Express online account, navigate to the Platinum and/or Gold card offer, and click on the "Apply Now" button.  If it says "Stagio, you're pre-approved. Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds" you're good to go and you're almost guaranteed to get the card if you apply. 

If the message says "Stagio, expanding your membership with us is easy" then you are not pre-approved.  You can still apply for the card you want but your odds of approval are reduced.

The way Amex works is that  pre-approvals for cards increase as the your membership ages; as long as you maintain a clean record with them (no late payments, returned payments, etc). By three months after getting the Green card you should be pre-approved for other cards but you have to check each of them individually by clicking the "Apply Now" button.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There's an easy way to check.

Login to your American Express online account, navigate to the Platinum and/or Gold card offer, and click on the "Apply Now" button.  If it says "Stagio, you're pre-approved. Get a decision in as little as 30 seconds" you're good to go and you're almost guaranteed to get the card if you apply. 

If the message says "Stagio, expanding your membership with us is easy" then you are not pre-approved.  You can still apply for the card you want but your odds of approval are reduced.

The way Amex works is that  pre-approvals for cards increase as the your membership ages; as long as you maintain a clean record with them (no late payments, returned payments, etc). By three months after getting the Green card you should be pre-approved for other cards but you have to check each of them individually by clicking the "Apply Now" button.

Hey!

That's awesome, I did not know about that trick! Thanks for sharing, hahaha!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I did not know that the notice for 'you're pre approved' vs 'expanding membership'. Thanks for the insight
Message 6 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Can you justify the AF of $550?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes im mostly oversea for work anyway
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.