cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-up offer by the end date or approval date?

tag
ficomember
Contributor

Sign-up offer by the end date or approval date?

Hi all,

So if a credit card says the sign-up offer ends October 15, 2021. If I apply for the card on that exact date and the application goes pending, a few days later decision is made "Approve" but the new sign-up offer is much lower by that approval date. 

Will I receive the sign-up offer that is by the 15th or it's whatever the offer by the date I get approved?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Sign-up offer by the end date or approval date?

They generally key off the application date, as an example if you had applied for the Chase CSP last Monday yet didn't get approved until yesterday they would still honor the 100,000 UR SUB that was still in effect on Monday.   .Lots of data points from multiple issuers over the last several years that confirm this is typical.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 5
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

^^ What @coldfusion mentioned.

Just curious, what card and SUB are you interested in? Are you waiting for something to fall off your report to apply? 

Current Cards:
Message 3 of 5
ficomember
Contributor

The Amtrak card. Amtrak card 50k offer ending this October 18.

Message 4 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

OP I wouldn't run the risk of missing out by applying on the last day of the offer. I'm guessing all would be good but unless you're waiting for something to update or drop off, I wouldn't risk the offer if it's something you really want.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.