Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft or Hard Pull for AMEX

tag
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Soft or Hard Pull for AMEX

Good Morning Friends,

I am not sure if AMEX does a soft or hard pull when it invites you to apply after you check what cards you are pre-qualified for in your account page.  I know someone will know right off the bat.

Thanks and have a good day.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Soft or Hard Pull for AMEX

Most of the time it's a SP if you're already an AMEX cardholder. On the very rare occasion we have had reports of people incurring a HP for applications but again those seem to be rare.

Message 2 of 8
avp99
Frequent Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Most of the time it's a SP if you're already an AMEX cardholder. On the very rare occasion we have had reports of people incurring a HP for applications but again those seem to be rare.

Thanks,  the AMEX Hilton card appears on my cards that I am pre-approved for.  I really want that one, hopefully it will be a soft pull,,, thanks again.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only speak from my experience, but my hilton aspire was a soft pull given my customer relationship with AMEX.
Message 4 of 8
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Looks like it was a soft pull, was approved for 20K. Although the card is currently limited to 10K until I receive and register the new card.

Not too shabby, Now I can get rid of that worthless BonVoy card.

Message 5 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@avp99 wrote:

Looks like it was a soft pull, was approved for 20K. Although the card is currently limited to 10K until I receive and register the new card.

Not too shabby, Now I can get rid of that worthless BonVoy card.

Congrats on your new card there.

Message 6 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Nothing is a guarantee, but most of the time it’s a SP for existing customers. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is now locked as approval post is now in approval section of the forum.  Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.