Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some credit card denials and approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some credit card denials and approvals

For my DH:

Denied for a Citi DC for too many inquiries. Approved for Fidelity Rewards Visa with $12,500 SL but have additional security questions to jump through, until then new card is "closed down." Got an Amazon Store Card $4400 SL, already reporting to Experian. Got 7-10 day message on CLI for Victoria's Secret card, current CL $1000. Paypal MC went from $900 to $2700. Got denied CLI on Chase Amazon Prime. Most recent FICOs 748 EX 789 EQ and 779 TU (EQ and TU scores are before apps but they were already higher than EX, EX was at 757 before). 5 scoreable inquiries on EX.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some credit card denials and approvals

Sooo jealous of your DH's Fidelity SL Smiley Happy thinking of CLI. I was told by a CSR that it MAY be a SP, but that they have no way of knowing in advance. Been debating whether to try it w/ EX locked, saw a DP that it probably wouldn't work.
Message 2 of 6
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sooo jealous of your DH's Fidelity SL Smiley Happy thinking of CLI. I was told by a CSR that it MAY be a SP, but that they have no way of knowing in advance. Been debating whether to try it w/ EX locked, saw a DP that it probably wouldn't work.

I tried for a CLI on my Fidelity Visa last Thursday and have yet to have any notification of a hard pull.

Got a 7-10 message immediately so it definitely was received.

I've seen posts where others got that message and it was a denial .....and others they saw an increase in their account within a few days.

Who knows.

But definitely no hard pull for me this time at least.

I use several monitoring sites.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband does have several thousand dollars in a Fidelity account, which might have helped, but it's not a lot of money in perspective. So not sure why Elan approved the Fidelity and City denied the DC but he's got a 2% card with a good limit, so very happy! The Paypal MC has gone from unusable to halfway usable lol

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband does have several thousand dollars in a Fidelity account, which might have helped, but it's not a lot of money in perspective. So not sure why Elan approved the Fidelity and City denied the DC but he's got a 2% card with a good limit, so very happy! The Paypal MC has gone from unusable to halfway usable lol

+1 "My husband does have several thousand dollars in a Fidelity account, which might have helped"Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the Victoria's Secret CLI, how long has your DH had the card? Do you put through small charges on it? They are pretty consistent with CLI. Mine is currently sitting at $7500. 

Congratulations on the Fidelity Rewards Visa approval. That is a great starting limit with them!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.