Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Card - Comenity Bank

tag
rbentley
Established Contributor

Sony Card - Comenity Bank

Does anyone have any recent experience (within the last three months) with the Sony Card now issued by Comenity Bank?  It looks attractive for its 5x points on entertainment spending, but I can't find a listing of what merchant codes are covered. I am particularly interested as to whether streaming services are covered.   I also can't see how you redeem points.  Does anyone know?

The card has a 5,000 point bonus on the first time you use the card and a $50 statement credit when you spend $50 in the first 

60 days.  There is no promotional interest period or balance transfer offers.  5x points on Sony purchases from authorized retailers, but you have to send in a claim for.  2x points on restaurants, including fast food.  1x points on everything else.

Entertainment spending is a big category for me and so this card does have some attractive options.  https://d.comenity.net/sonyvisa/pub/benefits/benefits/Benefits.xhtml

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Sony Card - Comenity Bank

rewards.sony.com is where you redeem your points. Card is really only worth it if you buy a lot of Sony and/or Playstation stuff (since you redeem points for merchandise).

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chiefone4u wrote:

rewards.sony.com is where you redeem your points. Card is really only worth it if you buy a lot of Sony and/or Playstation stuff (since you redeem points for merchandise).

+1 Good luck if you decide to apply!

Message 3 of 4
rbentley
Established Contributor

It is so weird that they don't tell you anything about redemption and you can't look at the rewards site unless you have an account.  If you can only use your points to buy Sony stuff, that would be a hard no for me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.