Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Airlines Chase Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Southwest Airlines Chase Card

TX,

If your a member with USAA, they have it for you.  

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Where can I go to get my Experian score? Credit Karma only does TU and Equifax

Experian and Discover Scorecard will give you a free Experian FICO score (updated once monthly).  

We can't make any determination (guess of approval) based on your Credit Karma scores though.  No creditor actually uses those scores to make approval decisions.  Credit Karma is best used for account monitoring, filing disputes, general information, and possible progress.   But Vantage scores are mostly worthless when it comes to decisions to extend credit by creditors.  

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I’m sorry to ask, but I was a little confused with your response. So you was approval with 2k with a 88% UR? Maybe that gives me some hope I guess??
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was approved for $2K with 88% utilization.  Granted, I had yet to discover this forum.  Had I known then what I know now, I would've never applied for the card at that time and waited a bit.  

I think all other factors such as no new cards in over two years, relatively low expenses to income, age of accounts, and a decent Experian score played a part in generating the approval.  But make no mistake, I believe $2K on the Plus card is a borderline approval.  Also note, it was approved at the highest APR of 23.99% which is further evidence that Chase almost said hard no.  That was the first approval before I started my "Let's pay attention to credit" and "Let's get to 750 quest."

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok well I have get my Experian score. I’m 660 TU and 680 Equifax. I have a lot more inquiries, but I will take that 2k CL if offered. I pay on paying it off each month (I work in outside sales, and I will be using it for my monthly expenses and it will be paid each month) so I’m hopeful
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question. Do they just look at your UR at the time when u apply? Or is it a average of over the past few months (say 6 months or so?) cause I have about a 45% UR now, but it been higher in the past
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both play a factor. For what it’s worth, at the point of my approval, my overall utilization would’ve been north of 75% for months.

I started my credit life PIF but over the years leading up to the approval, I got lackadaisical about PIF. Finding this forum reminded me and permanently changed my tune.

Just a reminder, the Credit Karma scores are not your FICO scores. My CK scores are significantly lower than ALL of my true FICO scores regardless of type. For some the Vantage scores from Credit Karma are significantly higher than their true FICO scores. Lenders only use FICO scores.
Message 17 of 30
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok well I have get my Experian score. I’m 660 TU and 680 Equifax. I have a lot more inquiries, but I will take that 2k CL if offered. I pay on paying it off each month (I work in outside sales, and I will be using it for my monthly expenses and it will be paid each month) so I’m hopeful

OK.. again, where are you getting these scores from?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 18 of 30
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Question. Do they just look at your UR at the time when u apply? Or is it a average of over the past few months (say 6 months or so?) cause I have about a 45% UR now, but it been higher in the past

The only thing that they will see is your CURRENT utilization, based on your most recent statements. Scores have no memory - as soon as the Util issue is fixed, they will bounce back, and that is what Chase will see 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m getting these score from Credit Karma, and Nerd Wallet has my TransUnion also at 660 now
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.