Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Chase Approval Odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southwest Chase Approval Odds?

Wondering about my chances with the Southwest Chase card... given Chase is a "top tier bank" I don't think they're very good at all but thought I would get some opinions. Also - how long do people think their current promo of a companion pass will last? 

I have a Quicksilver (6k), BOA Cash Rewards (1k), and US Bank Cash+ Signature (1k), car loan for almost 2 years ($2500 current balance). Scores about 675. Last time I was late on anything was 1 year 11 months ago. I have no relationship at all with Chase. 

Thoughts? What are your experiences with getting approved with Chase? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Southwest Chase Approval Odds?

As long as you haven't opened 5 or more CCs in the last 24 months then you can consider giving it a shot. Only thing that *may* stick out is that derogatory mark. YEMV.

Unfortunately, there's no DPs to provide on how long such a promotion will last.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your insight. I know their 5/24 rule, which I am under - I believe I'm at 3 inquiries right now. My BOA card was only opened in March 2018, and my US Bank opened in October 2018 so those are fairly new though.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The only way to know for sure is when you roll the dice. The recent new accounts in combination with the late payment might be a bit trivial for an approval.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please keep us posted. Thinking of applying myself. Would love to see you get approved!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm second guessing applying haha! I'm trying to be logical and rational and let my current cards grow for the time being.. Let us know if you end up applying though! 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - I was hesitant for the Southwest card because I hardly fly Southwest and I never have any pre-approved or pre-qualified offers from Chase. 

But I did a pre-qualify check with Amex to see if they liked me for their Gold Delta card, it showed up in my offers with a 50k mile bonus offer (not as good as the targeted 75k miles but I'll take it), I did some research and decided to pull the trigger and... was approved! Idk my SL yet, but this is my first travel rewards card and Amex card so I'm pretty excited. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it is sort of late, but along with the 5/24 rule, also be mindful about the 2/30 rule, which not many people are aware of. Chase will not approve you if you have more than 2 new accounts in the past thirty days from the date of application.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.