Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Department FCU Application

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

State Department FCU Application

App'd for an Account with SDFCU on line and got the 'thank you for applying we will review your application' page after I completed the app.

I initially went to see if I could qualify for the secured CC they offer but wanted to become a member also so I did both.

After a couple hours I decided to check my status so I went to the SDFCU site (since they never sent me an email) and used the "check application status" button.

Entered the info they asked for and hit "submit"
INSTANT APPROVED for $2000.00 CC
But
REFERRED for Account.
Crazy... but I'll take it! (I'll call them Monday to get a solid confirmation on the CC) and ask what else is needed for the opening of an Account.

I'll keep you posted, I started this topic because finding info on CCs and approval scenarios with SDFCU is kinda tough here and not as talked about as other CUs.

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: State Department FCU INSTANT APPROVED

Congrats! Be aware SDFCU gives conditional approvals, which can be misleading.
Their apps are 100% manually reviewed, unless something has changed.
Hopefully your approval sticks.
Good luck!
Message 2 of 19
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Exactly! That's the tricky part of all this - and it doesn't help that today is Friday... we will see. If the $2k doesn't end up going through I'll try a recon for the Secured Product like I originally app'd for.

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 3 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:
Exactly! That's the tricky part of all this - and it doesn't help that today is Friday... we will see. If the $2k doesn't end up going through I'll try a recon for the Secured Product like I originally app'd for.

Hi @HindSight_20_20, I've removed your duplicate thread.  Please avoid cross-posting in the future; it's confusing to follow and is against the guidelines here.

I've also updated the subject on this thread to reflect that the topic is still an application at this point, since you're not yet certain of the approval.  When you know for certain it can be updated again.

--UB

Message 4 of 19
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Ahh got it! Smiley Wink 

Thanks for cleaning it up.

Message 5 of 19
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Re: State Department FCU Application

I’ve been in this identical situation very recently. I apped for the SDFCU secured CC and the page displayed “ instant approved 2k”, on a Friday. Monday morning the status updated to pending and ultimately led to a decline.

Hopefully your approval sticks, GL! It does say on the app status page that “any approvals are subject to a final review”. So I suggest you remain very skeptical until monday.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 3/3/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 6 of 19
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@biglista88,
I know (I was pulling for you while reading your experience with SDFCU) before I posted this thread.

Hopefully 2019 finds them willing to do make history 😉 . If not I'm ready to keep them on the phone until I get that secured CC like I wanted in the 1st place. I'll let you know how it goes.

Message 7 of 19
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Just getting the secured would be a good deal.I look forward to reading your updates. Best of luck.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 3/3/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 8 of 19
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

Good luck!

My experience: I sent in my membership application (just that, not CC app) by snail mail back in April because their site didn't support "state" code MP (Northern Mariana Islands), and never heard back. I think there were probably too many recent Chex pulls on my file as I was on a CU membership application spree at the time. Hopefully I'll be able to get my foot in the door this year.

Please tell us how your app goes!

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Message 9 of 19
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

*UPDATE*

So Saturday afternoon my [SDFCU CC app] went from IA to 'Pending' (not surprised at all) as others have stated.

My [Account app] is still in the 'Refferred' status.

I just want the darn Secured Card! lol (fingers crossed)

I'll let you all know how it goes as I suspect the SDFCU UW's will be all over the weekend apps when they arrive to the office. Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.