Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stated income for applications?

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Stated income for applications?

Since my BR DC I've always put MY current income on the apps. I have read a few threads here where people apply with their household income. Is this a good thing to do? Would I have to possibly verify what my GF makes if I include her salary with mine?

Personal:

Business:

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stated income for applications?

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Since my BR DC I've always put MY current income on the apps. I have read a few threads here where people apply with their household income. Is this a good thing to do? Would I have to possibly verify what my GF makes if I include her salary with mine?

Best results when you file together.

Message 2 of 33
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Hey Nixon. We haven't combined finances yet because we aren't married, however we're heading in that direction. I was wondering in the meantime if that 'tactic' is ok in hopes to help with approvals or CLI's. I definitely don't want to do anything that could hurt me, so that's why I'm asking.

Personal:

Business:

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Hey Nixon. We haven't combined finances yet because we aren't married, however we're heading in that direction. I was wondering in the meantime if that 'tactic' is ok in hopes to help with approvals or CLI's. I definitely don't want to do anything that could hurt me, so that's why I'm asking.

How long have you lived together?

Message 4 of 33
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Coming up on 1 year.

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Coming up on 1 year.

Check common law marriage in your state, also check community property.

Message 6 of 33
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

If the income is accessible to you then put it down. Otherwise just use yours. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 7 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

MANY of the banks these days ask for "ALL INCOME SOURCES THAT YOU CAN RESONABLE ACCESS TO PAY BACK DEBTS" = include both incomes.

The only time I would not include combined income is with banks like Amex or credit unions that actually might want to verify.

I also wouldn't seperate out the incomes on the applications, I would just put 1 income total.

Message 8 of 33
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

If the income is accessible to you then put it down. Otherwise just use yours. 

Agree. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 9 of 33
upnorth
New Contributor

Pardon my asking but how do you apply jointly? I have not seem applications with such an option. I would love to apply jointly with my wife. She just has one credit card on her name. I want make sure her credit score remains good.

UNFCU Visa Azure $45k, Sams Master Card $35k, Amex Costco $25k, Fidelity Visa $25k, Chase Freedom $18k, Cap 1 Mastercard $12.5k, Kohls $1.5k, Cancelled on my own BA $25 (it was Schwab card earlier) and Chase Saffire $22k. Also have 2 business cards with Chase and 1 Amex Open. AU Target $2500.
Scores: 11/14 EX 801; 11/14 TU FICO 805; 11/14 Van 823
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.