cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange inquiry, has this happened to anyone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange inquiry, has this happened to anyone?

I app'd for the discover card a few days ago and was denied. I called to find out why and they said EQ showed public records. Today I received a notification that discover pulled TU not EQ. (TU and EX show no public records) I called discover back and they are sure that they pulled EQ. Would this be a problem on creditkarmas end and miss reported the inquiry?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange inquiry, has this happened to anyone?

@Anonymous wrote:
I app'd for the discover card a few days ago and was denied. I called to find out why and they said EQ showed public records. Today I received a notification that discover pulled TU not EQ. (TU and EX show no public records) I called discover back and they are sure that they pulled EQ. Would this be a problem on creditkarmas end and miss reported the inquiry?

Are there public records on any of your credit reports?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On EQ there is. But not on TU or EX. The discover HP shows on TU but discover said they pulled EQ. I'm wondering why the HP discrepancy.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
On EQ there is. But not on TU or EX. The discover HP shows on TU but discover said they pulled EQ. I'm wondering why the HP discrepancy.

a creditor can pull from anyone. they can also pull from more than one bureau.

It's possible they pulled both, (do you have a "borderline" score?), and perhaps the EQ pull just hasn't posted yet

(edit for typos)

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I understand they can pull more than one. They said they ONLY pulled EQ. That's where the confusion is.
Message 5 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Maybe they HPed TU but also SPed EQ

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.