Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync car care CLI

tag
micvite
Frequent Contributor

Sync car care CLI

Can someone enlighten me as to what's going on here? What score do they use? Even my vantage score isn't that low... it's at 695. I have 1% util, my student loans are 6k total out of which 2k are paid off, my 1 30 day late is from 2018. I'm pretty sure these are just bs reasons, but why are they claiming my score is low? Only thing that is different is my 2 charge cards reporting a balance of around 13k between the two of them but that hasn't affected my scores at all (I just pulled the scores now and the balanced were reported on the 26th of December)

Edit: I think I answered my question doesn't sync use sagestream or some weird score? I guess they care about my charge cards lol

Screenshot_20220109-075203_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-075215_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-075650_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ex: 742, TU: 726, EQ: 733 03/31/2021
Discover it cashback: $10900
Citi DC: $13000
WF Propel: closed 2k
Amex BCED: $3000
Amex Gold: $NPSL
Amex Plat: NPSL
Cap1 QS: $3200
Cap1 VX $50k
VS CC: $2900
Kohls: $3000
Synchrony car care: $3000
citi best buy visa: $8500
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sync car care CLI

I am sorry about your denial.

With Synchrony and a CLI they do not want to see any recent lates. Your 2018 late is enough for them to do this. If you applied for a NEW card instead it probably would have been approved. It is just how they are. I would wait until that late is at least 4 years old and even then this could happen. As I said, a new credit card with them would be a better option for you.

The UW has a list to choose from, they just pick reasons from that list. They dont have to actually apply to you LOL they just need to pick anything.

Also beware of "poking the bear" it is a term used for Synchrony. Too many CLI requests and they may close all of your accounts. There are many long threads about this being a common practice with them.

Thanks

Mark

Message 2 of 10
micvite
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With Synchrony and a CLI they do not want to see any recent lates. Your 2018 late is enough for them to do this. If you applied for a NEW card instead it probably would have been approved. It is just how they are. I would wait until that late is at least 4 years old and even then this could happen. As I said, a new credit card with them would be a better option for you.

The UW has a list to choose from, they just pick reasons from that list. They dont have to actually apply to you LOL they just need to pick anything.

Also beware of "poking the bear" it is a term used for Synchrony. Too many CLI requests and they may close all of your accounts. There are many long threads about this being a common practice with them.

Thanks

Mark

It's just funny that I got 2 clis from them last year... when the late was more recent🤣🤣 and if they close it so be it, it's my only account with them and it's pretty useless to me in this day and age. Doesn't earn rewards and I do all the car fixing at the mechanic shop I now own lol. 

Cap1 VX $50k
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They use vantage score 4.0

Message 4 of 10
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Yes they use Vantage score 4.0. Do you have other Synchrony cards and have you bought and made payments on anything since your last CLI request?

3/3/24
Message 5 of 10
micvite
Frequent Contributor

@Lou-natic wrote:

Yes they use Vantage score 4.0. Do you have other Synchrony cards and have you bought and made payments on anything since your last CLI request?

Nope it's my only sync card, if they use vantage that explains why the score is so low, my charge cards reporting tanked my CK scores lol

Cap1 VX $50k
Message 6 of 10
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

I see, I think at this point you'd be better off closing it anyway to be honest. It served your purpose so time to move on.

3/3/24
Message 7 of 10
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Mark

3X0Z4XX.gif

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 8 of 10
micvite
Frequent Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Mark

3X0Z4XX.gif

Well, turns out they didn't like the fact that I put 0 spend on it in the last 6 months lol. put 100$ through the card paid it off and asked for $7500, they told me they could only approve 5k so I'll take what I can get. Not sure if having higher limits really helps anything but hey might as well keep it around for as long as they'll let me and I guess I'll just put some random gas on it from time to time. (sadly no rewards since I applied for the reg car care and not the gas version, is there any way to switch?)

Cap1 VX $50k
Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@micvite wrote:

Well, turns out they didn't like the fact that I put 0 spend on it in the last 6 months lol. put 100$ through the card paid it off and asked for $7500, they told me they could only approve 5k so I'll take what I can get. Not sure if having higher limits really helps anything but hey might as well keep it around for as long as they'll let me and I guess I'll just put some random gas on it from time to time. (sadly no rewards since I applied for the reg car care and not the gas version, is there any way to switch?)

Unfortunately, SYNCB doesn't PC between products.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.