Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchony CLI..... **bleep**!!

tag
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Synchony CLI..... **bleep**!!

So I have 4 Synchrony backed credit card accounts: Amazon @ 6K, Lowe’s @ 17K, PayPal CB MC @ 3K, and PayPal Credit @4K.

Recently requested CLI on all of them. All denied and here are the information in the denial letters.

1. Amazon: CLI request date is October 27, 2019
Lack of real estate secured loan information
Too many inquiries.
Credit score: 634
Date: September 26, 2019

2. Lowe’s: CLI request date is October 20, 2019.
Lack of real estate secured loan information.
Too many inquiries.
Credit Score: 634
Date: September 26, 2019.

PayPal MC: CLI request date is October 30, 2019
Lack of real estate secured loan information.
Too many inquiries.
Delinquent or derogatory accounts.
Too many accounts recently opened.
Credit score: 670
Date: October 24, 2019

PayPal Credit: CLI request date October 30, 2019
Serious delinquency.
Proportion of balances to credit limit
Revolving accounts is too high.
Too many inquiries last 12 months.
Time since delinquency is too recent or unknown.
Credit score: 712
Date: October 30, 2019

1. The score is all over the place. Ranging from 630 to 710....
2. My TU has consistently been in the low 700 since I have the account with Synchrony. So not even sure how the hell they got the 630 score.
3. My utilization % is sitting at around 4%, none of my individual account is used more than 10%.

I called Credit Solutions. No help. I called CSR of each company and they blame TU for providing incorrect score..... They suggest me to dispute the score with TU lol.....

Anyone have any idea what’s wrong with Synchrony?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Synchony CLI..... **bleep**!!

They're using vantageScore 4.0

Message 2 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Well synchrony started using Vantage 4.0 for credit line decisions and these scores can vary from week to week. Not sure when this happened date wise but I know it was October.

May I ask how many inquiries you have and do you have delinquencies on your report? like it  or not those are legitmate reasons for the denials. Of course the loan reason has always irked me though.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony has three different possible scores they use now - FICO 8, VantageScore 4, and their own proprietary score model. 

You have decent limits, they just don't want to give you more right now. 

They really don't like inquiries if you want a CLI on that PayPal MC. My denial reason is inquiries every time. 

Message 4 of 11
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Synchrony Bank has been shuffling their credit formulas lately. Double check that all of your numbers are from the same model. Most likely they are from different models. Other than that the new Vantage Score 4.0 model is cruel for HP's and delinquencies.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

VS strikes again! Sorry OP. Smiley Sad

I made mention of this a couple months ago. Everyone has been poo-poo'ing the scores as Fako and shun paying attention to them. Time to wake up. VS takes into account profile trends. It moves more frequently than a Fico 08 which can stay stuck for long periods and doesnt reflect smaller DPs on a day to day as accurately. The CCCs will use whatever tools that give them an advantage. By locking down CLIs they probably assume you will now put more spend through your existing accounts to game a higher CL. They are not entirely incorrect.

Message 6 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I made mention of this a couple months ago. Everyone has been poo-poo'ing the scores as Fako and shun paying attention to them. Time to wake up. VS takes into account profile trends. It moves more frequently than a Fico 08 which can stay stuck for long periods and doesnt reflect smaller DPs on a day to day as accurately. The CCCs will use whatever tools that give them an advantage. By locking down CLIs they probably assume you will now put more spend through your existing accounts to game a higher CL. They are not entirely incorrect.

BuT tHeYrE fAkO aNd EdUcAtIoNaL oNlY

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BuT tHeYrE fAkO aNd EdUcAtIoNaL oNlY

Vantage Scores have grown up apparantly. A large portion of denials are littered with them recently across the MF board.

Message 8 of 11
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for the late reply and for resurrecting an old thread.

And you all are correct.  The scores they used are all over the place, with different scoring models and not the most recent pull when the CLI is requested.

The reason I have been trying to get CLI because I have just recently closed on my new home last month.  A lot of shopping to do so just wanted the extra CL to soften the blow of high utilization coming up soon.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.