cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony BANK / Walmart requiring Driver's license for APP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony BANK / Walmart requiring Driver's license for APP?

Just thought i'd post this as this the first time Ive seen it and it was kind of a surprise to me.

I am in the proccess of helping my mother build her credit. She's never had credit before as they've always used my Dad's. I was able to get her approved for a Cap1 Quicksilver 1 and a Platinum (unsecured) with a 530~ FAKO score. I have to get her signed up here but will wait a few month for things to report.

I was going to give Walmart a shot until I realized their app requires drivers license information which she does not have... does Walmart/SB expect everyone that shops at walmart to drive or am I missing something here? Heh

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony BANK / Walmart requiring Driver's license for APP?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just thought i'd post this as this the first time Ive seen it and it was kind of a surprise to me.

I am in the proccess of helping my mother build her credit. She's never had credit before as they've always used my Dad's. I was able to get her approved for a Cap1 Quicksilver 1 and a Platinum (unsecured) with a 530~ FAKO score. I have to get her signed up here but will wait a few month for things to report.

I was going to give Walmart a shot until I realized their app requires drivers license information which she does not have... does Walmart/SB expect everyone that shops at walmart to drive or am I missing something here? Heh

You can put her state I.D. Information in lieu of DL. 

Message 2 of 9
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerry45 wrote:

+1

Thanks. Yeah, I realized that afterwards.. gonna give it a shot. Hopefully she'll get approved with a 580 score :/

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

We appd for Walmart but it wasn't a denial? It says they will contact us via snail mail with their decision? Is that most likely a denial or?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

State id ?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually she was denied, but approved for 2 Cap1 cards which isn't bad considering her Fico is pretty low and shes building now. Do you guys know of any other companies that might give her a card for now? She'll have to garden for 6 months so don't mind the inquiries for now.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditOne...they have a high AF, but if you get the card, call them to cancel it and they will cut the AF in half. You han also try the shopping cart trick for WS, Express, and other Commenity backed cards.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CreditOne...they have a high AF, but if you get the card, call them to cancel it and they will cut the AF in half. You han also try the shopping cart trick for WS, Express, and other Commenity backed cards.

Thanks. I got her approved for Capital one Quicksilver and Platinum so I will let her use those cards for a few months to build some history. Also added her as AU to my Chase freedom with $2200 on it and will add her to another Cap1 card with 10k on it. I would think that would help her?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.