Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony BP + Ebates VISAs- Yuck SL

tag
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Synchrony BP + Ebates VISAs- Yuck SL

BP + Ebates VISAs-- I took the bait and apped after being pre-approved. I'm sorry I did.

Terrible starting lines (BP- 1800, Ebates-2400)

Called Credit Solutions and got literally my first flat out -NO- to an increase of any kind. They have always at least given something.

Most of my cards are now up between 5-7, and 22k Amex. My Synchrony cards are all 5-7k each (Marvel, Paypal, Chevron).

I asked the analyst if my thinking was incorrect, that if I have a decent CL's on other cards, why not these? And he said he was a senior analyst and my "thinking" was incorrect, that each card "has it's own thing" and that was all he was allowed to say on the matter. He said wait for the letter. 

Should I just close them? They're going to just sit in the drawer. The only attractive feature is some of the cash back on Ebates and it's 16% vs Synchrony's other 25% or so on most other cards. 

I'm just disappointed. Even Comenity VISA cards gave me more than this... making me love my Amex all the more too.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony BP + Ebates VISAs- Yuck SL

I would not cancel them just because of a starting limit.  My Sams Club MC and EBates are sitting at $10,000 each.  $25,000 Lowes also.  I think that's enough for me.  Use your cards and try again in 6 months.

Message 2 of 10
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Good point and advice, I guess some of my Synchrony's started low and I had to build them with use, like Paypal. I've just got so many cards now in general, I have to make a  point of cycling them and it's gotten a bit out of hand.

Thanks for the positive outlook on this, I appreciate that.

Message 3 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Don't know about BP but Ebates most certainly will increase for you in time. Use well and try again as suggested and these limits will fade into the distant memory.

Just keep growing your TransUnion FICO Score also.

They watch that like a Hawk and will reward to improvements on it.

Congrats! on the approvals.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 12 CCs.  It can be a pain in the butt trying to keep a small charge on each once a month but I'll never forget where I started.  A $500 Barclays Rewards MC.

There's no way I am giving up any major card with a credit line over $5,000.  I only have 2 cards below $5,000.  Total Rewards is about to be at 4 months plus one day since the last CLI and that reliable $1,000 increase will put me above $5,000.  I am considering combining two Chase cards to get rid of the annual fee on the CSP.  That would make my $4,500 Freedom Unlimited card more than $10,000.

CapOne, Chase or Citi might one day CLD me but I am glad to have them with credit scores in the high 780s.

Banks don't make much off me but that's how you're supposed to play this game.

Just today I went to Sams Club to buy supplies while awaiting this hurricane.  I had to insert my Sams Club MC card into the machine at self checkout.  It asked me if I wanted to use this card to make the purchase and I said no.  It told me to remove the card.  I already have a purchase on my Sams Club card this cycle.  So I inserted my EBates card to pay the bill (another Synchrony account).  The thing kept spinning and spinning as if it was asking why did you prefer to use one Synchrony account over another.  That's about the longest approval I have ever went through.  I used my Citi Simplicity to make a $17 purchase at another grocery store and my Citi Double cash to pay for $25 for a full tank of gas.  That's how I roll.

Message 5 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck CC

Im in South Fla

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Good luck CC

Im in South Fla

Hope you make it through alright.  We are just inside the SC line down below NC.  Murder Beach, SC.  We live on the second floor of an apartment.

Sams Club was out of water and so was Bi-Lo grocery store.  But Food Lion had several pallets they just received.  So I got 3 cases of water, bread, tuna, several 2 liter sodas.  I bought a Pelican cooler about 6 weeks ago so it has 40 pounds of crushed ice in it.  We're originally from western NC and we know how we got hit by hurricane Hugo there so we're gonna stay here.

My brother's Boy Scout troop was supposed to be here this weekend to clean up the beach of cigarettes, condoms and whatever else is out there.  They do it every year.  Guess they'll have to reschedule.

Hope things go well.  Might be the first time you have to hide in the closet.

Message 7 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

OP, why would you close an account you just opened. The damage is already done with a lower AAoA and a new trade line reporting. Just build up your TU report and you should be fine CLI wise

@cc

Im in Ft. Lauderdale about 25 miles from the coast. I bought a Trac light lantern, a solar powered power bank and tomorrow Im gonna go down to Boost Mobile and im gonna buy  personal hot spot.  Ive got enough ice cubes in the freezer to make  a years supply of martinis

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 10
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Thanks, folks, for the voice of reason -- was feeling reactive and not thinking clearly. I'll keep the cards and let them grow. Stay safe those in the hurricane's path.

Message 9 of 10
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

OT for this post, but while we're discussing hurricane prep, you might want to hit the ATM for some cash along with your bottled water and canned tuna. When communications are down, cash is not just king, but your one and only.

Be safe out there.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.