Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank head scratcher

tag
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Synchrony Bank head scratcher

I'm baffled by this. I received a CLI on my dicks, banana republic, American eagle, SAMs cards 2 weeks ago. Results were

dicks 2k to 3500

banana republic 3k to 5k

american eagle 2k to 3500

sams 637 to 6k

walmart and Amazon denied remains at 3500

scores went up into a diff category Amazon and Walmart denied today

all increases via credit solutions

i don't get this I would think they would match SAMs obviously I'm wrong no missed payments no lates no new accounts utilization still at 17% before increases are reported.

im even baffled how I got the increases 2 weeks ago because my scores from my first set of sync bank February increases were about the same. I can only think of one thing. I initiated the SAMs increase via chat then was told to call into credit solutions that opened the floodgates for me at times they would have to send me a text message for security but I got the increases. Myfico has me at 664 CCT has me at 671 the above increases came from a 662 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank head scratcher

@smoop88 wrote:

I'm baffled by this. I received a CLI on my dicks, banana republic, American eagle, SAMs cards 2 weeks ago. Results were

dicks 2k to 3500

banana republic 3k to 5k

american eagle 2k to 3500

sams 637 to 6k

walmart and Amazon denied remains at 3500

scores went up into a diff category Amazon and Walmart denied today

all increases via credit solutions

i don't get this I would think they would match SAMs obviously I'm wrong no missed payments no lates no new accounts utilization still at 17% before increases are reported.

im even baffled how I got the increases 2 weeks ago because my scores from my first set of sync bank February increases were about the same. I can only think of one thing. I initiated the SAMs increase via chat then was told to call into credit solutions that opened the floodgates for me at times they would have to send me a text message for security but I got the increases. Myfico has me at 664 CCT has me at 671 the above increases came from a 662 

Each of the Synchrony partners has different underwriting and criteria for granting a CLI. I'm sorry that two of yours did not receive CLI's, but receiving a CLI on one card from Synchrony is not a guarantee you will receive it on other Synchrony cards.

Plus, there is a certain overall exposure level that Synchrony may feel comfortable with in terms of each customer, and you may have reached yours. At 662 TU, they may feel that you have reached that threshold.

Try again in a few months with additional payment history and score increase and you may receive a different answer.  Congratulations on the CLI's you did receive. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Thanks i was under the ompression that there was a max amount depending on the score
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase you did get!! As humu said, try again in a few months after more history.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah one one think maybe Sams and walmart would be same but they seem to be different beasts and guessing from whatever your current TU score/ profile is at the time you request,their limits given are specific for that time. Just a couple days ago i requested Cli for both my Sams and Walmart, asked for 10,000 as suggested by many here , amazingly Sams countrred with 8 and Walmart countered with 6. Both my previous limits were 5050 Sams/ 5000 WM. My current Fico 8 TU is 697, just on the edge of 700 yeah!!). Now gonna garden for next 6 months let them age and hopefully grow again. Have a great day!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.