Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI Denial via CS..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony CLI Denial via CS..

So I opened 3 accounts at the same time, PP Extras, Walmart and Amazon, back in November.  Amazon has gotten multiple CLI's at the same time (gone from 200 to 2K), while I can't get the other 2 to go up at all.  PP I'm pretty sure it's because from what I can tell, it's pulling the same record they had when I opened it from back in November.  And Walmart, if I had to guess would be because of higher utilization, but paid it down. 

I tried hitting the luv button again last night, denied.  So I finally decided to give a go at CS (877 overseas) and called hoping they would pull a new one for at least the PP and have a shot at it.  She told me she see's that I tried talking to an agent earlier for a CLI and was denied.  I told her I tried through the site, but didn't talk to anyone else.  She then said that since I tried and was denied, I would have to wait 7-10 days to find out why, there was nothing more that they could do.

Is this something new?  Read all over the forums of people saying they've tried the luv button & then online chat and had no luck.  Then called CS and gotten approved.  Some of the cases I read were with in minutes of one another.  I'm not saying I should have gotten approved, don't get me wrong.  I'm talking about CS not even bothering to look and bringing up that they see you tried and got denied already.  Don't think I've read anyone being told something like this before.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony CLI Denial via CS..

Interesting. I’ve tried the luv button, been denied, then the very next day try again and get a cli approved. In these cases there were noticeable changes on my credit report though, for example, the second day a statement cuts bringing a card from 80-90% utilization to 0%.
Message 2 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just to clarify, was the number you called 877-379-8173?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Yes, that's the number.

Message 4 of 12
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I've had a strange experience trying to get a CLI on my PP 2% card. I got it in December and have tried 4 times to get a CLI. My SL was $10k. The first 3 times, I got denied and the letter said, "Insufficient experience at current credit limit" or something along those lines. I've also called, and got declined. They said it was too soon to get a CLI.

This fourth time, I applied and got denied again. I just got the letter today, and it said something like, the amount requested exceeds their policy for credit increases. I asked for $25k.

I'm not sure if it's something about this PayPal card that's different from the other Synch cards, but I have the Amazon and Lowe's cards, and those have been increased regularly. What's odd is that whenever I've requested a high amount, they counter with a lower number. So I'm not sure why they'd say that in the letter. Basically, they're telling me I asked for too much when I've done that before every single time, and they've given me a few hundred bucks instead of denying the increase completely.

Message 5 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Yes, that's the number.

Interesting... things might be changing then.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I ended up calling back to try since my statement just cut.  Still haven't gotten the denial letter from the luv button attempt.  Actually got put on hold.  So maybe it's something they've always been able to see and ignore?  Maybe just that one I got that day was already having a bad day and wanted to share the love?  Who knows.  lol

But definitely didn't have to wait the length of the letter to arrive to get properly checked out again.

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great dp op. This is something we all should be wary of. Too many cli requests or in too short of time frame, may lead to account scrutiny. The new Sync seems to be checking other bureaus like Ex and looks like they maybe tracking requests now if they hadn't before. Sorry for your denial but thanks for sharing
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Great do op. This is something we all should be wary of. Too many cli requests or in too short of time frame, may lead to account scrutiny. The new Sync seems to be checking other bureaus like Ex and looks like they maybe tracking requests now if they hadn't before. Sorry for your denial but thanks for sharing

NP and ty.  Just glad to be able to contribute a little bit of information after gathering so much here.  If the letters come back stating something other than what I'm expecting and mention something about "too many CLI attempts" or something, I'll update.

Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks. I wouldn't necessarily have anyone be afraid to try for cli but just do it in moderation. Sync is still very generous imoSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.