cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI , Keeps using old Credit Report! What to Do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony CLI , Keeps using old Credit Report! What to Do?

Hi guys, I have a Cathay Pacific Visa issued by Synchrony Bank.

Ive been using love button online and even calling credit solutions to get CLI since my scores are pretty good now but I keep getting denied.

Finally when I get the letters, they are using a report from back in April with a 618 Fico.. no wonder im getting denied!

Can someone advise me on what to do?

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
awg420
Regular Contributor

Re: Synchrony CLI , Keeps using old Credit Report! What to Do?

This was happening to me with my Sync card too. I just kept trying every couple of weeks, and eventually they updated the report they had on file and granted me a CLI. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop asking for CLIs....LOL.  Do you have an uncle who has a college friend who can send a phone call to Comenity to get them to update your credit report?  This one is out of your control.

Wait a while and ask again.  Rejection sucks but you get tougher when you enter this game.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had this problem too, particularly with my Amazon Store Card - it took me nearly a year to get my first CLI on that card, then another one in March, and Sync has been mulish since then. The only thing you can do is be patient, keep building the history on your CP Visa, and check maybe once a month (no more than that) for CLI availability. Sync does SP TU every month though - as you've found out - they don't always keep their own files updated properly no matter what might show on your account page.

Message 4 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys, I have a Cathay Pacific Visa issued by Synchrony Bank.

Ive been using love button online and even calling credit solutions to get CLI since my scores are pretty good now but I keep getting denied.

Finally when I get the letters, they are using a report from back in April with a 618 Fico.. no wonder im getting denied!

Can someone advise me on what to do?

Thanks! 

Are you sure you called Credit Solutions and not just the number on the back of the card?   I ask because others have conflated the two before, and they definitely are not the same.

Unless it's recently changed (which is always possible), when you call Credit Solutions they place you on hold for a couple of minutes to do a SP in real-time.

FWIW, a couple of years ago Synchrony was using a stale report for my Lowe's as well (I kept getting denied for stuff that was no longer reporting) but I was able to 'push-through' by calling Credit Solutions.

ETA:  You don't mention what your actual TU is, but the closer to 700 you are (and preferably higher) the better you'll do. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes im sure im calling credit solutions.

And my FICO TU is at 717. 

They are def using an old report, just got another letter in the mail today smh... I hope they change it. 

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

They do do this at times UncleB, I've experienced it myself. I've even gotten a recent experience where they couldnt verify me lol. Yea rightSmiley Wink. Sync can be weird at times.
Message 7 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
They do do this at times UncleB, I've experienced it myself. I've even gotten a recent experience where they couldnt verify me lol. Yea rightSmiley Wink. Sync can be weird at times.

Weird, indeed.  I guess they have to keep us on our feet.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.