Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Car Care/Discount Tires

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Synchrony Car Care/Discount Tires

I recently applied for WF Cash Wise and was denied. Went to discount tires and guy said they were offering $40 back I figured sure why not. Applied they had to call for verification spoke to a woman who asked me for my cell phone number then she comes back and says that does not verify to me and if i have an alternate number. I said no that is my phone number and its the one on my fraud alert. I spoke with her manager and she said I would have to wait to for the card to come in the mail for me to use the account. This experience has really rubbed me the wrong way and makes me want to close all my synchrony bank accounts. I will be writing an email to their ceo about my experience. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony Car Care/Discount Tires

I think that if you switch from using Fraud Alerts to using Record Locks, you wouldnt have these problems going forward

Sorry for your WF denial

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 5
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine Record locks?

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Freezing your file and lifting the freeze only when you apply for credit. 

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Harvey26 wrote:

I recently applied for WF Cash Wise and was denied. Went to discount tires and guy said they were offering $40 back I figured sure why not. Applied they had to call for verification spoke to a woman who asked me for my cell phone number then she comes back and says that does not verify to me and if i have an alternate number. I said no that is my phone number and its the one on my fraud alert. I spoke with her manager and she said I would have to wait to for the card to come in the mail for me to use the account. This experience has really rubbed me the wrong way and makes me want to close all my synchrony bank accounts. I will be writing an email to their ceo about my experience. 

While your experience may not have resulted in the expected results, there's a reason a variety of lenders have to follow specific protocols to ensure your identity can be fully verified.  SYNCB is also no stranger in using third-party resources for account-opening procedures.   Their executive office will likely confirm that fraud protection is their ultimate goal in protecting your identity from being compromised.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.