cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Denied BH Payboo Credit Card For Vague, Unspecific and Wrong Reasons

tag
JourneyStartsNow
New Contributor

Re: Synchrony Denied BH Payboo Credit Card For Vague, Unspecific and Wrong Reasons

@Anonymous wrote:

@JourneyStartsNow wrote:
You access all 3 main credit reports from each respective CRA daily?

No need to be sarcastic. I access them all each year, as allowed by law.

Not being sarcastic, you said you access them frequently. Maybe something has changed recently? I'm trying to be helpful here. 

BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Denied BH Payboo Credit Card For Vague, Unspecific and Wrong Reasons

@JourneyStartsNow wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@JourneyStartsNow wrote:

Not being sarcastic, you said you access them frequently. Maybe something has changed recently? I'm trying to be helpful here. 

You know the answer.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

Sorry for your troubles. I agree I would check both your reports with own eyes, sometimes reps are not correct.

I have several synch cards and have never had an issue with them.

Me niether before. Have Amazon Synchrony store card opened several years ago. No problem at that time.

Message 13 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

A quick reminder to all, please keep your posts FSR

Thank you 

@Anonymous  you asked a question, and a lot of guesses and suggestions are made based on previous experiences from other members and community in general. 

If you do not like this approach, perhaps waiting for AA letter is your best bet as mentioned upthread. 

Message 14 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

A quick reminder to all, please keep your posts FSR

Thank you 

@Anonymous  you asked a question, and a lot of guesses and suggestions are made based on previous experiences from other members and community in general. 

If you do not like this approach, perhaps waiting for AA letter is your best bet as mentioned upthread. 

+1

And posting the same questions on multiple post is against TOS, it gets very confusing with multiple replies on various posts.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, there are far more important things in life to get all ruffled up about. Denials make us mad sometimes,  but it’s a part of applying for credit.  People with 850 scores get denied sometimes. 

We APPLY for credit. We are asking the lenders to approve us. It’s their $$ and their decision to approve or not. We have no RIGHT to credit, by any means. 

There are good bad stories about all lenders. 

I’d just move on. It’s not like it’s the holy grail of cards anyhow. 

Take care. 

Message 16 of 22
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I think the issue is that while Synchrony Bank was specific and quite valid the real problem is that you do not understand the issue at hand. You stated that you applied many times for "Joint Account" which means that both people on the account are responsible in full. Now look at it from Synchrony Bank's perspective where they have a application for a joint account instead of the regular main holder plus authorised user. When they go to pull the reports of both holders they are essentially identical except name and SSN. On top of that when they calculate the scores they are through the roof(800+) for both. Now if I was a bank that normally deals in the subprime market I would scratch my head on why that is the case. Usually husbands and wives do not mirror one another that much unless they are the same person. So Synchrony thinks one or the other is fake(invalid person). Considering that they want you to call from old POTS lines too instead of VoIP it is not that much of a stretch. Lastly Synchrony Bank has a lot of different parts so one part saying yes and another saying no later is normal. I went through 14 reps, 3 phone calls, and a letter just to add my watch for one card.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, there are far more important things in life to get all ruffled up about. Denials make us mad sometimes,  but it’s a part of applying for credit.  People with 850 scores get denied sometimes. 

We APPLY for credit. We are asking the lenders to approve us. It’s their $$ and their decision to approve or not. We have no RIGHT to credit, by any means. 

There are good bad stories about all lenders. 

I’d just move on. It’s not like it’s the holy grail of cards anyhow. 

Take care. 

Thanks for your input.

Of cource I will move on and apply for credit. And I can live without this card and I do not care about it any more. Obiously, I do not see access to credit as a right. But how do I know what potential invalid indentiy is, if even Synchrony could not explain it to me? And what to do about it for my future credit applications?

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire wrote:

I think the issue is that while Synchrony Bank was specific and quite valid the real problem is that you do not understand the issue at hand. You stated that you applied many times for "Joint Account" which means that both people on the account are responsible in full. Now look at it from Synchrony Bank's perspective where they have a application for a joint account instead of the regular main holder plus authorised user. When they go to pull the reports of both holders they are essentially identical except name and SSN. On top of that when they calculate the scores they are through the roof(800+) for both. Now if I was a bank that normally deals in the subprime market I would scratch my head on why that is the case. Usually husbands and wives do not mirror one another that much unless they are the same person. So Synchrony thinks one or the other is fake(invalid person). Considering that they want you to call from old POTS lines too instead of VoIP it is not that much of a stretch. Lastly Synchrony Bank has a lot of different parts so one part saying yes and another saying no later is normal. I went through 14 reps, 3 phone calls, and a letter just to add my watch for one card.

Thank your for your post. I wish your explanation made sense to me. But who knows, anything is possible with them as you alluded to your experience. And thank you for mentioning the individual application. Maybe applying individually and then adding an authorized user can prevent this problem.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@JourneyStartsNow wrote:

I'm sorry but that is not frequent. (The CRA convinced the government that was frequent enough for a free report because they want to make money selling reports). I'll get off my soapbox now Smiley Wink

Regardless please take the advice given earlier in the thread and order a full copy of all three reports. You may be correct, there may be nothing there but why not make sure? Synchrony is not a fly by night operation. Many of the banks now use fintech software that has similar algorthyms at their core. They are looking for patterns of fraud before handing out cards.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.