Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony How often do you request A CLI? Don't wanna look desperate lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony How often do you request A CLI? Don't wanna look desperate lol

Hey everyone!

I'm just wondering how many times in a month or so you have applied for a credit line increase with Synchrony. I Applied for an increase with my Walmart card and was approved about 2 weeks ago. I asked for $4000 and they approved me for $4000. I wanted to see if I left money on the table. I've also used the card a lot in the last couple of weeks and finally qualified to take advantage of the 0% offer.

Also my Amazon Prime card I was approved for about two or three weeks ago. My initial credit line was $1,800. I called credit solutions and asked for an increase before the card came in the mail, they denied it. I used chat about 3 days ago and they approved it. With Amazon I asked for $3,500 and I was approved for $3,500 makes me feel like maybe I left money behind. I don't want to look cuckoo constantly asking. But The more the better lol. What do you guys think?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony How often do you request A CLI? Don't wanna look desperate lol

If you start asking too often you'll start getting the notices in the mail telling you that you don't have enough experience at your current limit.  I'd say maybe once every 3 months would be okay (at least in my experience)...more often than that...don't know. 

Message 2 of 15
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

The standard waiting period is 4 statements for the luv button.

YMMV for credit solutions.

i used to constantly clock watch when I had quite a few Synchrony cards during rebuilding.

The 4 statement rule was pretty spot on.

Since I have basically completed my rebuild and have high lines, I don't pay attention anymore and have only 1 Synchrony account now

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As all others indicate: 4 Months is the proper time to ask for a credit increase.

What is YMMV? (Just a bit clueless)

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

When your TU score has increased at least by 20-30 points.
Message 5 of 15
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As all others indicate: 4 Months is the proper time to ask for a credit increase.

What is YMMV? (Just a bit clueless)

Your Mileage May Vary.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE-I did go back & chat with Amazon again. 1 more increase to $5000
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!

Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

There is a whole thread on CLI policy and procedure on asking for CLI with Sync that Pizza started.

Message 9 of 15
IllinoisNative
Contributor

I just opened a Synchrony Amazon Card in late December 2015.  They approved me for $1200.  I just asked for a CLI today and they increased me to $6k.  Smiley Happy  Why didn't they just start me out with that?  LOL

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.