Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony... Will chat use a new SP? CLI

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Synchrony... Will chat use a new SP? CLI

My two accounts have been stuck at the same limits for a couple years...

Amazon $6000
Walmart $8000

My TU finally got to 700 today. I tried luv button - no go.

Not sure if they are using a old or new soft pull.

Will chat use a new SP for sure?
Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
14 REPLIES 14
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony... Will chat use a new SP? CLI

No idea. Have you tried calling the credit solutions number? 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 15
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Not yet. I thought chat and CS was about the same thing.

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do your accounts come with a provided FICO score?  I would think they're likely using their last SP (date of that score generation) when considering your CLI request.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently requested a CLI on my Lowes card and was denied because my TU was frozen. I called CS and they said even though it is a soft pull, TU needed to be unfrozen. This led me to believe that they did a fresh pull, even though it was a soft inq. I did confirm that it was a soft pull on my TU report after receiving the CLI. Not sure if the Lowes card CLI policy is different from other Synchrony cards though.

Message 5 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@My_Fako wrote:
Not yet. I thought chat and CS was about the same thing.

Nope, not even close.  Smiley Wink

Chat is similar to calling the number on your monthly bill; Credit Solutions can be thought of as being similar to calling an analyst, since that's their basic purpose within Synchrony.

Also, unless something has recently changed, Credit Solutions will place you on hold for a few minutes while they do a fresh SP in real-time. 

FWIW I like the overseas number:  877-379-8173.  They're all business; they won't ask why you want the CLI, and they don't care... just your income, monthly housing payment, and how much you want - no chit-chat. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that the over seas number is the way to go. I had good success in using that and it literally took 2 minutes to bring my Lowe's $3k limit to $30k.
Message 7 of 15
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Anyone with a 700 able to break the $6000 barrier on Amazon and $8000 on Wally?

Score is exactly 700

Calling them in 15mins

Message 8 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@My_Fako wrote:
Anyone with a 700 able to break the $6000 barrier on Amazon and $8000 on Wally?

Score is exactly 700

Calling them in 15mins

Not sure, but it won't hurt to ask... they will counter.

Usually once you're around 720-730 they start to open the flood gates.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a point of experience. I tried the LUV botton on my Lowes card and was shot down. Called the backdoor number and the rep made mention of the failed CLI attempt and the resuls were the same. My TU score is north of 700.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.