Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony approval after burning them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony approval after burning them?

I have a few Synchrony accounts that have fallen off my reports (maybe 7.5 years old ish). My question is if Synchrony is like some of the crappy rebuilding cards that will give you another account after so many years (paid or not), or something if they are one of the companies that never forget. I'd like an Amazon store card, but going back and paying those old accounts just isn't worth the trade-off.

Also, it's my understanding that HP TU?

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony approval after burning them?

Yes, SYNCB can be forgiving.  Since it's been quite a while since you've had those [unpaid] accounts, it's possible they can approve an account again, provided your overall profile supports it.

They primarily pull TU and recent DPs also confirm they can pull EX as well.  Also, be sure SageStream/Innovis is not frozen.  

Message 2 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Yes, SYNCB can be forgiving.  Since it's been quite a while since you've had those [unpaid] accounts, it's possible they can approve an account again, provided your overall profile supports it.

They primarily pull TU and recent DPs also confirm they can pull EX as well.  Also, be sure SageStream/Innovis is not frozen.  

^^^^ By all means BE SURE you have no alternative data collectors like SageStream frozen and unthawed reports.

I'm sure you won't even need bother but some high rollers froze SageStream-IDA etc. years ago and left it at that. Reason being it prevented in most instances of being denied with lenders using a minor technicality from where they gather several sources to make credit decisions.

I totally wasted 2 perfectly good HP's on Experian when apping Comenity IKEA awhile back. Was preapproved but shot down citing ONLY Sagestream. I didnt know at the time that they turned to them too.

Synchrony seems to have followed suit so just be advised in case you previously covered those bases.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a few Synchrony accounts that have fallen off my reports (maybe 7.5 years old ish). My question is if Synchrony is like some of the crappy rebuilding cards that will give you another account after so many years (paid or not), or something if they are one of the companies that never forget. I'd like an Amazon store card, but going back and paying those old accounts just isn't worth the trade-off.

Also, it's my understanding that HP TU?

Thank you!!

I burned Synchrony (Amex and Bank of America as well) 28-29 yrs ago...I tried to apply their products again 5 yrs ago but they (their system) right away rejected me, without any pull (SP or HP), by saying that a previous relationship with them doesn't qualify me for their products. Since then I never tried to get back-in with them until a few days ago when I did try with Amex and Bank of America thru their pre-qualifying tool which suggested me that I am qualified for all their products...Now, how correct this tool is, then I do not know and I guess we will never know until we apply for their products because there is so much data which suggests that most of the time these prequalifying tool is just a marketing propaganda than real one. So, I can't tell for sure if I am indeed off to their blacklist unless I apply their product which I would very soon. 

Data-point also suggests that some people were able to get back in with these lenders sooner than other people, depending on how much of the amount they burned with these lenders and how they burned  (if fraud was involved)...and if they have paid the amount or not, or discharged in bankruptcy or not...etc...So, it depends on each person's individual situation. Falling off thru credit reports means nothing. So if you wanna know for sure, then you have got to apply for their products. If they (their system) reject you then it means you are still blacklisted and there will not be any HP or SP, but if there would be a HP then its a sign that you are not blacklisted and you can be eligible for their products.....Further, how thick/thin one's profile is and how is overall credit report is now then I am not sure if it has anything to do with someone being on their blacklist or not.....Good luck....

Message 4 of 5
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

I burned Synchrony with a care credit card for about 800 bucks in 2017.  In 2019, they approved me for 1900 PayPal Credit.  Then in September, 2020, they gave me 1800 Amazon and 700 Newegg.

That being said, I can not get a CLI to save my life.  I even had a moldy old Sam's card from pre-care credit debacle which had been at 600 bucks... they balance chased me several years ago down to 230 bucks where I sat for 3 years... never could get a CLI so finally closed it last month.

As with everything, YMMV.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.