Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony bank (abc warehouse) 7-10 day message. UPDATE- Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony bank (abc warehouse) 7-10 day message. UPDATE- Approved

Need a new washer and dryer and want to take advantage of some 0% financing with an ABC warehouse card. Filled out the application online and got a 7-10 day message. Likelihood of approval?

TU fico 8: 758

fico 8 BC: 773

AoYA: 6 months

AAoA: 2 years 11 months

CC UTI 19%

0 drops

DTI 13%

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony bank (abc warehouse) 7-10 day message.

Depends.  It could be a denial or it could be that they want to verify it was you that applied.   You need to wait for the letter.

Synchrony uses an automated process to render credit decisions and does not perform manual reconsiderations so unfortunately a denial would be final.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 10
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Need a new washer and dryer and want to take advantage of some 0% financing with an ABC warehouse card. Filled out the application online and got a 7-10 day message. Likelihood of approval?

TU fico 8: 758

fico 8 BC: 773

AoYA: 6 months

AAoA: 2 years 11 months

CC UTI 19%

0 drops

DTI 13%

Could need to verify your identity.  Synchrony now appears to pull both Experian and TU as well as Sagestream.  If Experian is locked, they ask you to call and verify using an app to take a selfie.  

Locked Sagestream can result in outright denial.

If they provided a phone number, call and ask about the status.

Goid luck.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. Called and was directed to what I would assume is an underwriter. She asked me some verification questions and sent a code to my phone. I do have sagestream locked and she didn't mention it. They only pulled TU. Asked how much the items I'm wanting to purchase are and I said "2800" (even though I'm spending less than half that) and she came back with "you are approved for $3000" and gave me an account number to give them at checkout. 

I wonder if I had told them my purchases were more if they would have given a better starting limit. 

Regardless this is my first synchrony bank card and I'm glad to finally be in! Was denied 6 months ago for eBay credit and never got an adverse action letter so no idea why. Possibly the sagestream deal.

Message 4 of 10
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  Sounds like the new standard operating procedure from Synchrony.  I've had to do that with the 4 accounts I've opened with them since September, last year.

The new selfie portal thing is relatively new and a bit creepy... but hey! Welcome to our modern world!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 5 of 10
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Synchrony Bank ABC Warehouse approval

Message 6 of 10
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

It's probably just the standard automatic response -but- I'm wishing you success on your approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 7 of 10
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys. Called and was directed to what I would assume is an underwriter. She asked me some verification questions and sent a code to my phone. I do have sagestream locked and she didn't mention it. They only pulled TU. Asked how much the items I'm wanting to purchase are and I said "2800" (even though I'm spending less than half that) and she came back with "you are approved for $3000" and gave me an account number to give them at checkout. 

I wonder if I had told them my purchases were more if they would have given a better starting limit. 

Regardless this is my first synchrony bank card and I'm glad to finally be in! Was denied 6 months ago for eBay credit and never got an adverse action letter so no idea why. Possibly the sagestream deal.

Congratulations on your approval! 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 10
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your ABC approval 👍🏼

Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony bank (abc warehouse) 7-10 day message. UPDATE- Approved

Grats on your ABC approval Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.