cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony bank changing PayPal creditcard credit line increase policies.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Synchrony bank changing PayPal creditcard credit line increase policies.

Hi I tryed to get an increase in my paypal mastercard this last week. I open the card back in May of this year with a starting cl of 6.5K limit and back in August ask for credit increase  and got an increase of 3.5K to total cl of 10K Called credit solutions to ask for credit increase to 15K on Nov 19 Just 90 and 3 statement got no increase got an e letter saying not enough experience at this limit. I tryed again Couple of days later got same response spoke to credit solutions they told me that you need to wate now over 6 months and they have control and can't over ride system they have decision making more ai now banks are getting neverous again.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Synchrony bank changing PayPal creditcard credit line increase policies.

I have always thought any visa/Mc branded Synch cards were  usually CLIs every 6 months  very "rarely this sometimes isn't the case , I don't think this is new ?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 15
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Synchrony will set the max CL to $10000 for some of their PLCCs. The Amazon Prime Store card is another one that I know of.

Also, keep in mind that Synchrony bank tends to be the most jittery of credit card issuers.   I would ask for increases if you are using the line accordingly but not for padding.

Message 3 of 15
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I have a Synchrony JCP store card which started out with 22 hundred limit and grew to 20K on soft pulls and got increases almost every 90 days with out lot of spend and also had Walmart Mc card which went from 6K to 18K with out much spend about couple hundred bucks each month.

Message 4 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats - I think SYNCB treats co-branded cards differently

Message 5 of 15
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Think it's Sync in general all together.  I have the same issue with Sync Lowes, I've had it a few years only one successful massive CLI stuck @ $17K.  I've run some big ticket items (2x frigs, washer, and dryer) paid off rinse and repeat.  Still, no more love from Lowes hard to think I've been bucketed at this limit.

Message 6 of 15
firefox100
Valued Contributor

AS I said above I was able to get a 3.5K increase on the PayPal master card just after the third statement, this time around was not able to get an increase. In the past when requesting increase from Synchrony bank credit solution would the usual questions and then say I am going to put on hold while we look at account and credit report this would take couple of minutes then with answer, in two request ther was no hold time the answer was immediately. This is my opion that banks are getting neverous on another thread some said they have fico scores over 800 and got only starting cl from FNBO eeven though they got pre approval for 15K.

Message 7 of 15
RLFLOWS
Valued Member

I have been receiving cli on my PayPal MC in 4 month increments the last year or so. Last one was last week.

Message 8 of 15
firefox100
Valued Contributor

That is great could give info what your cl and how much spend you put on the PayPal mc. I am going wate another month and give another try have been puting couple of hundred dollars on it each month like getting the cash back letting it grow now up to 130 dollars. here is my data points fico scores just around 800 and my vantage scores are about 825 which synchrony uses and my total credit lines equal 280K with les then 700 dollars reporting on income of 85K.

Message 9 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@firefox100 wrote:

That is great could give info what your cl and how much spend you put on the PayPal mc. I am going wate another month and give another try have been puting couple of hundred dollars on it each month like getting the cash back letting it grow now up to 130 dollars. here is my data points fico scores just around 800 and my vantage scores are about 825 which synchrony uses and my total credit lines equal 280K with les then 700 dollars reporting on income of 85K.

Another item to keep in mind is the percentage of your current or reported income to SYNCB vs your total exposure across all SYNCB products including the last time you may have requested or received a CLI on any of their CCs.

While AI algorithms are constantly adjusting to any attributable factors (internal and external), your generalization of why you were denied a CLI isn't really a reflection across the board. Sure, on the adverse action side of things they are still continuing with CLDs and/or account closures, but not all SYNCB cardholders are affected.  FWIW, I've received a couple of CLIs without issues and I recently closed one of their CCs not long ago 🤷‍♂️

If I were you and you feel that economic times are driving some of the changes for your specific outcomes with SYNCB, I would lay low. Especially, if there's very little usage on your SYNCB cards and your limits exceed any standard spending patterns.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.