cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony bank changing PayPal creditcard credit line increase policies.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchrony bank changing PayPal creditcard credit line increase policies.

The reason given is insufficient experience at this credit limit. It did not say max credit limit or any other reason given.

Message 11 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@firefox100 wrote:

The reason given is insufficient experience at this credit limit. It did not say max credit limit or any other reason given.

Which in other words translates into you currently having sufficient available credit at this point in time. They are not required to provide all he reasons as to why any extensions of credit were denied, they only need to provide 1.

Message 12 of 15
firefox100
Valued Contributor

It does not matter what the reason is, in the past with profile that I have I would been granted a credit increase with out Question. With out breaking Fico polices about talking about politics and other things ther has been a change in creditcard markets and banks are reacting to the landscape. Thear is another thread in which some got turned down for new creditcard by Citi bank for having 1 inquiry in last year or so. All I was pointing out that is change, for another example Apple has gone 90 days to 180 days for increases.

@FinStar wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

Which in other words translates into you currently having sufficient available credit at this point in time. They are not required to provide all he reasons as to why any extensions of credit were denied, they only need to provide 1.

Message 13 of 15
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Up date to Paypal Synchrony credit increase request, I called again today and ask for increase to 15K This time was approved about week later from last time which I was denied for the increase. Spoke to nice lady on the phone and she we have much less input now Synchrony has taken that way from, we now basically just put your info and computer does the rest for us. To the moderators I like giving data points and not all my post are complaining about getting turned down for credit increases. Also do not think ther is any thing wrong in comparing banks Some banks have good things in one area and other do things that I like in another area. I bring my experiences to boards so others may be helped in getting credit with out hard pulls. It looks like that with Synchrony you need to way over 90 days to get credit increase approval. IN my case the first denial was because I had to much credit it was computer program at Synchrony thought ther was enough days since my last credit increase, now I am happy again.

Message 14 of 15
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Correction to above post, the reason for my first denial, not that I had enough credit is that ther was not enough time between the last increase from Synchrony bank.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.