Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony cracked the door for me

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony cracked the door for me

@SouthJamaica unfortunately me and Comenity have always been at odds.  I have 3 cards which offer 5% but I have a BP gas station near me that typically at least .35 cents lower than other gas stations.  If it was with Synchrony, it would have seen heavy useage to help me grow the limit but it's with FNBO now Smiley Sad

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 27
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@SouthJamaica unfortunately me and Comenity have always been at odds.  I have 3 cards which offer 5% but I have a BP gas station near me that typically at least .35 cents lower than other gas stations.  If it was with Synchrony, it would have seen heavy useage to help me grow the limit but it's with FNBO now Smiley Sad

Well Synchrony seems problematic in a couple of ways: (a) its unpredictable reporting of balances and (b) its unpredictable closure of accounts. I'm not saying Comenity is great either, though. I don't have much experience with it, but my impression is that it's a little more predictable. FNBO has been working out for me on the one card I have from them, but from what I'm reading they're no bargain either.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica 

I understand.  Comenity is a no go for me based on my profile.  FNBO has been very good to me since the days of my first $2,500 card with them.  They have great BT offers albeit they flood your email/mailbox lol.  I will think long and hard about Synchrony and will probably not do the Walgreens or At Home cards.  I want the PayPal Mastercard and if I can't snag that then it will wait.  It's not a must have but I like the card for the flexibility.  I have other cards paired with PayPal but I like having the real card paired.  I won't be jumping back in with Synchrony like I was for sure.  Maybe one or two cards at most, if and when the time comes.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 13 of 27
northway
Regular Contributor

What credit monitoring service do you use that tracks Chex inquiries like that?

Personal Cards:
Message 14 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@northway wrote:

What credit monitoring service do you use that tracks Chex inquiries like that?

@northway,

TransUnion's free site;

https://service.transunion.com/dss/dashboard.page

Message 15 of 27
northway
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 

Are you positive it's the free monitoring site and not a paid TU product for Chexsystems inquiry monitoring? I have nothing like that available from TU for free from what I can seeor from TrueIdentity. Definitely seems like a paid monitoring feature.

Personal Cards:
Message 16 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@northway wrote:

@M_Smart007 

Are you positive it's the free monitoring site and not a paid TU product for Chexsystems inquiry monitoring? I have nothing like that available from TU for free from what I can seeor from TrueIdentity. Definitely seems like a paid monitoring feature.

@northway, It is a FREE site, I know at times I can be senile, delirious and have dementia ..but I am fairly certain about this one.

Definitely not the paid site ..as I have that too, and it does not show ChexSystems.

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

Message 17 of 27
northway
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 Strange, I don't have that section visible in my report, which is why I asked. Oh well.

Personal Cards:
Message 18 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@northway wrote:

@M_Smart007 Strange, I don't have that section visible in my report, which is why I asked. Oh well.

@northway, No worries ...It  only showed up (Under AR SP) after I applied for a PayPal Business Credit Card.

Third Party Supplemental Information

In addition to the information maintained in the above credit report, TransUnion will occasionally contact a third party for supplemental information in connection with a particular transaction in response to a request from a particular customer. Listed below is the supplemental data that TransUnion obtained from such third parties, as well as the name(s) of the TransUnion customer for whom it was obtained.

PAYPAL via SYNCBPAYPAL08/25/2022 
PO BOX 965015

ORLANDO, FL 32896

So it would make sense, as to why you are not seeing it on your FREE TU report.

Message 19 of 27
12njoy
Super Contributor

Maybe a few more months and I can crack the 10k with Walgreens and apply Smiley Happy

Walgreens.jpg

___________ 12Njoy
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.