Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony is DOUBLE PULLING__ TU and EX + SageStream/Innovis

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Synchrony is DOUBLE PULLING__ TU and EX + SageStream/Innovis

Just an FYI: I unlocked TU to apply for Amazon and Chevron but Synchrony pulled EX too, it was a double pull of TU and EX. I was declined because my EX was locked. I'm going to unlock EX and recon.

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony is DOUBLE PULLING__ TU and EX

Yes yesterday they only pulled experian for dw ebay mastercard.

Message 2 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@toi34 wrote:

Just an FYI: I unlocked TU to apply for Amazon and Chevron but Synchrony pulled EX too, it was a double pull of TU and EX. I was declined because my EX was locked. I'm going to unlock EX and recon.

Not sure if they'd ve willing to reconsider if any CRs are/were locked (even SageStream/Innovis), but who knows.  They have been known for double or triple pulls as of late in a variety of cases.  When I applied for Verizon Visa and PayPal 2% MC last year, I was double-pulled.

Hopefully, you can provide an update on this thread depending how things go @toi34.

Message 3 of 41
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

By all means yes, keep this thread updated on any progress.

I have had great card accounts with Synchrony over the years and only a single pull for approvals. SP for MASSIVE CLI's.

If all that's changed it will be beneficial for all to know what to expect anymore.

Message 4 of 41
ZeroAPR
Established Member

Got a double pull (TU and EX) for CareCredit app on 2/14/21... approved for $2,500... was not expecting the double pull as other Syncb cards have been single pull

Message 5 of 41
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

They've been reported to be double sometimes triple pulling apps in the past though not as consistent as most recently. 

Maybe it's the new normal with their risk assessment algo due to the current economic climate?

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 41
toi34
Established Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

**Here's an update**

I called Syncrony about the double pull on EX too and said that they usually only pull TU so I didn't unfreeze EX. Synchrony agreed to rescind the hard pull, but said that I still needed to wait for 30 days to reapply. 

I got an alert yesterday that the hard pull was deleted from my file, but it was only the Amazon hard pull and not both Amazon and Chevron. So I guess I'll call back on Monday to ask them to delete the Chevron hard pull too. 

Lesson learned... .

Message 7 of 41
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

I can confirm this. I got the Amazon Store card last month and they pulled both, EX the day after the app which instantly pulled TU.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 8 of 41
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Got the double pull yesterday on tge Rakuten card, but if that was the price for the approval, i was willing to pay it. At least it wasn't tge cap1 triple dip.

Message 9 of 41
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

**Here's an update**

I called Syncrony about the double pull on EX too and said that they usually only pull TU so I didn't unfreeze EX. Synchrony agreed to rescind the hard pull, but said that I still needed to wait for 30 days to reapply. 

I got an alert yesterday that the hard pull was deleted from my file, but it was only the Amazon hard pull and not both Amazon and Chevron. So I guess I'll call back on Monday to ask them to delete the Chevron hard pull too. 

Lesson learned... .

Thanks for sharing about this unexpeted unfortunate routine they are using now.

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.