Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony is DOUBLE PULLING__ TU and EX + SageStream/Innovis

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony= SageStream->Innovis + TU and EX

I dunno what those fools think they are gathering from adding that alternate data sucker into their policy but i think i just wont be apping anymore for either. Comenity already emptied 2 HP's on that nonsense. A credit bureau report is always been adequate enough for years on end. I don't see the need for them to gum up the works for normally good credit profiles from wasted HP's like that.

There is another way though. Years back i once bickered to the CEO of Overstock when the only way for credit to buy their products was with the Overstock FNBO Bank branded card or other personal CC. At that time you needed a good relatively high FICO. That CEO got back to me via email and said he would seek an alternative source (which is been Comenity) as well. And i was just one person.

Their business Zoomed after that and has ever since.

Message 21 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I dunno what those fools think they are gathering from adding that alternate data sucker into their policy but i think i just wont be apping anymore for either. Comenity already emptied 2 HP's on that nonsense. A credit bureau report is always been adequate enough for years on end. I don't see the need for them to gum up the works for normally good credit profiles from wasted HP's like that.

There is another way though. Years back i once bickered to the CEO of Overstock when the only way for credit to buy their products was with the Overstock FNBO Bank branded card or other personal CC. At that time you needed a good relatively high FICO. That CEO got back to me via email and said he would seek an alternative source (which is been Comenity) as well. And i was just one person.

Here hereSmiley Happy. Why i moved away from anything Comenity. Its like applying for a Chase but without the notirious snobbery lolSmiley Wink

Message 22 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Anybody know what an Amazon + is?  

Message 23 of 41
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Anybody know what an Amazon + is?  

found it....

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 24 of 41
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Here hereSmiley Happy. Why i moved away from anything Comenity. Its like applying for a Chase but without the notirious snobbery lolSmiley Wink

Good point @AverageJoesCredit 

I eventually moved away from anymore Chase Cards completly except some product changes after when i had Freedom AND CSP.

If im not mistaken and enough people who do steady business with various lenders would complain those merchants are not beyond changing card lenders. Simply makes sense for them if they want to boost sales if they offer their patrons a more reliable card vendor that can invite more buyers .

Message 25 of 41
bRICrEAW
New Contributor

sagestream and amazon store card

I was denied a synchrony amazon card in November solely due to frozen sagestream. the rep at Synchrony said I had to remove the freeze and reapply. I requested the freeze removed from sagestream and received a confirmation letter in the mail that the freeze was removed. I waited over a month from receiving the letter and tried again. I got another denial solely for a frozen sagestream report. They also pulled TU both times. I cannot seem to get in contact with a human being at sagestream and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get in contact with a human at sagestream or how to resolve this situation because I really want an amazon card

Message 26 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: sagestream and amazon store card

@bRICrEAW wrote:

I was denied a synchrony amazon card in November solely due to frozen sagestream. the rep at Synchrony said I had to remove the freeze and reapply. I requested the freeze removed from sagestream and received a confirmation letter in the mail that the freeze was removed. I waited over a month from receiving the letter and tried again. I got another denial solely for a frozen sagestream report. They also pulled TU both times. I cannot seem to get in contact with a human being at sagestream and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get in contact with a human at sagestream or how to resolve this situation because I really want an amazon card

There are two types of security freeze removals, IIRC.  Did you request to lift the security freeze permanently or temporarily?  The letter should indicate that it was permanently removed if that was the case.  Typically, when the security freeze is removed, it usually takes about ~15 minutes for your files to be accessible.

They're also known to pull a secondary report anymore these days, such as EX or EQ.  Were these unfrozen as well?

Message 27 of 41
bRICrEAW
New Contributor

Sagestream was all I froze. I never froze anything else. I froze it because the whole thing was bogus. I was rejected for a card a year ago and the ridiculous reasons for the rejection all came from sagestream. I requested to permanently remove it after the denial because I did not want to risk further rejection in the future and I felt I could always refreeze it in the future if I wanted. I cannot seem to get a human being at sagestream. When I call the phone number during their business hours, I get a recording regardless of what option I choose. Synchrony made it clear before that sagestream had to be unfrozen to process my application. I am not sure what to do about my situation but I really want an amazon card. I have good credit with no negatives and I feel I should be approved for this card

Message 28 of 41
toi34
Established Contributor

@bRICrEAW wrote:

Sagestream was all I froze. I never froze anything else. I froze it because the whole thing was bogus. I was rejected for a card a year ago and the ridiculous reasons for the rejection all came from sagestream. I requested to permanently remove it after the denial because I did not want to risk further rejection in the future and I felt I could always refreeze it in the future if I wanted. I cannot seem to get a human being at sagestream. When I call the phone number during their business hours, I get a recording regardless of what option I choose. Synchrony made it clear before that sagestream had to be unfrozen to process my application. I am not sure what to do about my situation but I really want an amazon card. I have good credit with no negatives and I feel I should be approved for this card

When I called I kept hitting the # button until it transferred me. That seemed to work. 

Message 29 of 41
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony is DOUBLE PULLING__ TU and EX + SageStream/Innovis

@toi34 wrote:

Just an FYI: I unlocked TU to apply for Amazon and Chevron but Synchrony pulled EX too, it was a double pull of TU and EX. I was declined because my EX was locked. I'm going to unlock EX and recon.

Good to know about all this double triple pulling that seems to be occuring more frequently with creditors. Personally I hate getting more than ONE pull for a credit app.

When I started my rebuild I started with CAP1 so I activated that Triple Pull scenario which didn't bother me at all LOL in fact from what I knew then they could have pulled me 20 times and it wouldn't have mattered. Now that I have been a member of the forum for awhile and know a heck of a lot more a creditor doing more than ONE pull makes my stomach queasy.

What I hate even more though is Cable and Utility companies Hard Pulling you when you apply for new accounts. I mean jeezus a Softpull should be enough for those characters.

That's just me though.

Right now I am Ex-Zero, Trans-2 (1 in Oct/0 in Mar-22), Eq-2 (1 in May/0 in Nov) due to my Unofficial Gardening.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.