Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony is DOUBLE PULLING__ TU and EX + SageStream/Innovis

tag
bRICrEAW
New Contributor

Re: Synchrony is DOUBLE PULLING__ TU and EX + SageStream/Innovis

how did you get synchrony to remove the inquiries? Which number did you call?

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my sagestream report today and saw my old Walmart account from 2019 on there when Walmart was in synchrony. Also saw Apple Card on there too from 2019(sp). 

Message 32 of 41
bRICrEAW
New Contributor

Re: Synchrony is DOUBLE PULLING__ TU and EX

I got a representative at sagestream with the information provided, and they're telling me that the report is not frozen. when I called synchrony, they said they would not remove the inqs already received, and I have to reapply yet again if I want the card. I'm not sure which phone number the previous poster used to get the inqs removed or how to go about that. this is really ridiculous. I just want to get this Amazon card.

Message 33 of 41
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You could go the nuclear route and file a CFPB complaint.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 34 of 41
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I just applied for Belk MC yesterday.  It felt like it took forever to get the approval screen, but it appears they pulled TU and EX for me.   IIRC, my Venmo app from a few months ago was TU only, but maybe I'd better pull an EX report to check. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 35 of 41
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@bRICrEAW wrote:

I got a representative at sagestream with the information provided, and they're telling me that the report is not frozen. when I called synchrony, they said they would not remove the inqs already received, and I have to reapply yet again if I want the card. I'm not sure which phone number the previous poster used to get the inqs removed or how to go about that. this is really ridiculous. I just want to get this Amazon card.

There are other Amazon cards to be had. Is there any reason keeping you from going for the Chase Amazon Visa? Amex also has the business version. 

Message 36 of 41
bRICrEAW
New Contributor

Last year, I found out I was blacklisted by Chase. I made another post a couple of days ago that I was approved for chase freedom but still wanted amazon. My amazon account said I prequalified but I am unsure if applying for a second chase card is a good idea as I am concerned about the shutdowns, and it has been less than a week since I was approved for the first card. I did look at the amex, but the chase card seems like the best option of the three. Do you think I should wait for chase, apply now, or forget about it? Do you have any suggestions?

Message 37 of 41
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

I keep getting denied for the Venmo card due to a frozen Sagestream. I am also getting denied for the Comenity Ulta card for the same reason. I I froze Sagestream a while back and reapplied for Ulta, but the same thing happened as the other poster reported: Comenity said it was still frozen.

Message 38 of 41
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

I guess maybe I can see Chex or one or legal databases if they're twitchy... but I pulled some of the others and I can't see a situation where they'd show something the proper bureaus don't 🤷🏼‍♂️  

Message 39 of 41
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@bRICrEAW wrote:

Last year, I found out I was blacklisted by Chase. I made another post a couple of days ago that I was approved for chase freedom but still wanted amazon. My amazon account said I prequalified but I am unsure if applying for a second chase card is a good idea as I am concerned about the shutdowns, and it has been less than a week since I was approved for the first card. I did look at the amex, but the chase card seems like the best option of the three. Do you think I should wait for chase, apply now, or forget about it? Do you have any suggestions?

A general rule of thumb with Chase is that best practice is to space out applications several months apart.  Depending upon strength of profile and current amount of exposure with Chase some people do have success at 3-4 months but 6 months is a more typical suggestion.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.