Did you mean: 

THIN FILE...AUTHORIZED USERS

tag
usaallegiancestore
Established Member

THIN FILE...AUTHORIZED USERS

So here we go...

my experian is a 737, transunion 756, equifax 745

i have one capital one card with 2k sl just payed the balance down to 26 % utilization.

i am an authorized user on a discover card, my dads capital one, and a care credit.

average age of accounts is 18 years but it is because of the authorized users..

the only card in my actual name is the capital one...

I want to apply for another card but it it better to wait and pay down the balance to 0 on the capital one?

my total utilization because of the authorized users is at 12% but I recently applied for the american express bce and was instantly denied 

so my question is should i wait and just keep working on my cap 1 platinum until it is 6 months old or would it hurt if i applied for any easy cards to get to try and get something in my name...?

I have heard discover is friendly to thin files but im afraid to get denied and get another hp...

If i apply for the discover it chrome gas and restaurants or something and get denied can i get the discover secured without an extra hp..?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: THIN FILE...AUTHORIZED USERS

@usaallegiancestore wrote:

So here we go...

my experian is a 737, transunion 756, equifax 745

i have one capital one card with 2k sl just payed the balance down to 26 % utilization.

i am an authorized user on a discover card, my dads capital one, and a care credit.

average age of accounts is 18 years but it is because of the authorized users..

the only card in my actual name is the capital one...

I want to apply for another card but it it better to wait and pay down the balance to 0 on the capital one?

my total utilization because of the authorized users is at 12% but I recently applied for the american express bce and was instantly denied 

so my question is should i wait and just keep working on my cap 1 platinum until it is 6 months old or would it hurt if i applied for any easy cards to get to try and get something in my name...?

I have heard discover is friendly to thin files but im afraid to get denied and get another hp...

If i apply for the discover it chrome gas and restaurants or something and get denied can i get the discover secured without an extra hp..?  

Have you checked if you're pre-approved for any discover cards? 

Their pre approvals are solid. 

Message 2 of 9
usaallegiancestore
Established Member

just pre approved for the secured card

Message 3 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If you're not pre-approved for non secured cards, I doubt you will get one at this time. 

If you cold app and end up being denied, secured card will be a separate HP

It's not just that you have a thin file, it's lack of credit history that's causing denials. Most issuers can separate AU accounts when app is reviewed. I would wait a bit longer.

Good luck 

Message 4 of 9
usaallegiancestore
Established Member

one of my friends recommended bank of the west bank of america and lowes to start....does anyone have experience with any of these or am i just gonna be setup for failure lol

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA issued my first credit card with no credit history whatsoever and I was approved for an unsecured Cash Back Rewards card at $900 CL. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think BofA pulls TU which is also your highest score. I'd say you have a good chance of getting the Cash Back Rewards if you tried to apply. Good luck and keep us updated!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i can understand the thin file but with both amex and Disco pre approves shooting you down could there be other factors at work ? scores are solid AAoA on the cap1 ? could there be a low income issue ? help us out with a tad more detail .. tnx

Message 7 of 9
usaallegiancestore
Established Member

CAP 1 HAS BEEN OPEN SINCE FEB 2019 SO ONLY LIKE 3 MONTHS

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait.  If you take away the AU CC's, you technically don't have a FICO score.  That's probably why your not prequaling in most of the cc's your checking..

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.