cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the risk to apply for Sallie Mae Mastercard?

tag
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: Take the risk to apply for Sallie Mae Mastercard?

@Anonymous wrote:

I checked the status of the Discover application early this morning and I was approved! Smiley Very Happy  I guess they were just verifying my address.  I don't know any details (CL, rate, etc.) yet, but I'm very excited!  Thank you JSS3, CAPTOOL, CreditCuriosity, and all of the others who commented for giving me that extra push last month.  I'm sure that you can that I'm anxious about this stuff.  So, I'll hang out with these three cards and stay active in the forum.  I've been recommending these forums to everyone! Smiley Happy

Nice job! Call them up now and ask what the CL is.

Message 61 of 69
newhis
Valued Contributor

Congrats. 3 cards is perfect to continue building your history. Go to the garden and enjoy life. You have good limits to start.

Message 62 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays has said outright when my daughter applied for the Rewards card that they like to see a minimum 1 year of history with another major credit card before granting credit woth Barclay's. My daughter had 6 months with another major cc and a good credit score and Barclay's told her to reapply in 6 months. The analyst she called and talked to reconfirmed that too. Sallie Mae seems to have a little higher qualification standards. I would say to start with a different bank and develop some history first.

Message 63 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Barclays has said outright when my daughter applied for the Rewards card that they like to see a minimum 1 year of history with another major credit card before granting credit woth Barclay's. My daughter had 6 months with another major cc and a good credit score and Barclay's told her to reapply in 6 months. The analyst she called and talked to reconfirmed that too. Sallie Mae seems to have a little higher qualification standards. I would say to start with a different bank and develop some history first.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll probably hold off until I'm finished grad school in 2 years.  Then I'll have some good history for Sallie Mae.

Message 64 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals and your great start with credit! Now tend your garden and enjoy!

Message 65 of 69
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Wonderful! OP my hat off to you. Congrats and good luck with your credit building journey!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 66 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the welcome email and it said that the starting CL is $1000.

Message 67 of 69
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new credit card!!
Message 68 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow great job on 3 awesome cards!! Congrats!
Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.