Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target credit card no limit increase

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Target credit card no limit increase

I"ve had the Target credit card since May 2020 with a 500 credit limit, no credit limit increase, what do i have to do to get a credit limit increase?

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Target credit card no limit increase

@razzy116 wrote:

I"ve had the Target credit card since May 2020 with a 500 credit limit, no credit limit increase, what do i have to do to get a credit limit increase?

They lost a lot of what would be generous consistent shopping with that retailer. Yeah 5% off is a very appealing attraction but my interest in not seeing even a crumb from them doesnt exactly encourage a thought of making usage of it EITHER. So be it

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@razzy116 wrote:

It is not just you. My last CLI on my Target Card was about 6 years ago. Just before it went to TD Bank. Once TD Bank took it over the increases stopped. There is no way to request a CLI on this card. They will give it when they are good and readySmiley Mad

Thanks

Mark

Message 3 of 23
Trini88
Established Contributor

The fact that they won't even allow you to request an increase is what irritates me. 😒

Goal Cards:
Message 4 of 23
AMJ50
Contributor

At least your limit is $500, mine is stuck at $300. I gave the card to my niece, who is 17 to use. She loves shopping at Target. Me, not so much

Message 5 of 23
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

None of the responses so far actually answered your question, so here goes:

Use the card every month, let the resulting balance report, and pay the statement balance in full.  Do not carry balances.

Also every month log in online and update your income information, even if it hasn't changed.

No guarantees of success.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

But wouldn't that mess up azeo for those practicing azeo methods?

Message 7 of 23
BenTramer1978
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous514 wrote:

Probably but azeo doesn't seem to work for me. I see no change in score between using azeo and usin 1-2% percent of my credit over multiple cards.

Message 8 of 23
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Probably never lol. I've had a Target Red Card for 3 years that's still at the $300 SL and I have a nearly 800 Credit score and strong profile now. I've tried using it and PIF several times and I even carried a small balance for a couple months to see if that would trigger one. Yet I've never received a CLI of any kind and at this point don't expect to ever see one lol.

Message 9 of 23
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous514 wrote:

Yes, because AZEO calls for a bank card as the one that is reporting, not a store card.  

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.