Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target redcard 7-10 day message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target redcard 7-10 day message

I have read about someone being approved with a 521 with the 7-10 day message!
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highly unlikely you'll be approved with a score that low. It took until my score was around 700 before they approved me, and my SL is only $300. That is because I have a very short (5 mo.) credit history, though. First time I applied, it was the 7-10 message, which resulted in a denial letter. This time I applied and was approved instantly. Try again in a few months if you get your score up into the mid-600s. Good luck!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a target red card and got a 7-10 day message. Two days later the target new accounts dept called me to tell I was approved. So sometimes that message doesn’t mean that you’re not approved.
Message 13 of 15
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

If you get a Target Redcard CC make sure you shop Target regularly. I got one back when I was rebuilding my credit but I rarely shop Target and after 7 months of non-use they CLD'ed me from $1200 to $200. I made a couple small online purchases but they wouldn't restore my CL so I closed it, I don't do toy credit limits. Now I use the Redcard debit for the couple online purchases per year I do for the 5% discount & free shipping. .

Message 14 of 15
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

If you get a Target Redcard CC make sure you shop Target regularly.

This is true.   For best results with this card:

a) put spend on the card regularly.

b) Allow balances to report and PIF

as it's the surest way to get auto-CLIs.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.