The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

tag
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anomalous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

Hello, I am hearing about these rare instances in which Barclay gives certain people a soft pull CLI.

I am creating this thread for all of those who have obtained a soft pull CLI with Barclay seeking the following information:

How long have you had an open account with Barclay? 09/11/2014 Apple Financing $1200

What date did you get a soft pull CLI? 10/07/2014 when I contacted an Anaylyst to have my card upgraded to the Apple rewards version. Said I had a SP available.

Was this your first CLI with Barclay or not? Yes

(If you want to include this: How much % was the increase?) Only $200.

The purpose of this thread is to gather when precisely Barclay gives out the soft pull CLI's that tey do and to determine whether it's based on your time with them or if they just run a soft pull on all their members at a certain time of year. Also, I want to know how frequently this might be happening. We know it exists now, lets get some analytics.

Thank you everyone

My 6th statement closed on last night. No auto luv so far. 

So it seems when people make their intention known they want to upgrade their cards they will notify you of a soft pull. I wonder if you had just asked for a soft pull if they would've said the same thing...thank you for adding to our knowledgebase. The amount of increase varies wildly it seems.

I was told at the time that it was based off of my income.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 21 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

My 6th statement closed on last night. No auto luv so far. 

So it seems when people make their intention known they want to upgrade their cards they will notify you of a soft pull. I wonder if you had just asked for a soft pull if they would've said the same thing...thank you for adding to our knowledgebase. The amount of increase varies wildly it seems.

I was told at the time that it was based off of my income.

I don't want to ask you your income but could you maybe provide a vague bracket of your income? 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 22 of 503
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

I don't mind. It was $27K at the time.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 23 of 503
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I was the 1st comment on the post my income is

$70k

and what is listed with Barclay

Message 24 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited my original reply with income.

Message 25 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Kudos to all of you for being so open with us. This does not bode well for me as my income is closer to the one of you with the 6% CLI lol.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 26 of 503
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Message 27 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

New info added to firsts post.

Good luck with this Curiosity, are you waiting until April?

Message 28 of 503
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SecretAzure wrote:

Removed my last post since it was kinda an internal ramble to myself lol... Nah from my 16 TU HP's on my CR, only 4 are from the last 12 months the other 12 are all falling off sometime this year and April 4 of them are falling off, so I don't think it will really matter to be honest since most of the inquires are really aged.. Still don't like that many INQ on TU or any bureau for that matter lol.. Live in part of the country that pulls TU!  Most people have EX woes, I have TU woes..  3 Requent EX inquires is all 10 overall so 7 falling off this year.

Message 29 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

Removed my last post since it was kinda an internal ramble to myself lol... Nah from my 16 TU HP's on my CR, only 4 are from the last 12 months the other 12 are all falling off sometime this year and April 4 of them are falling off, so I don't think it will really matter to be honest since most of the inquires are really aged.. Still don't like that many INQ on TU or any bureau for that matter lol.. Live in part of the country that pulls TU!  Most people have EX woes, I have TU woes..  3 Requent EX inquires is all 10 overall so 7 falling off this year.

I do that too sometimes (ramble). Smiley Happy  I'm just trying to see if there's a way that those of us with Barclay could be happier with our cards with regards to CLI because they're not really known for good CLI's or frequent ones without a hard pull. If we can figure out when Barclay is more likely to give soft pulls the people of this forum (with Barclay) will be a happier people.

Message 30 of 503
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.