Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

Just called and spoke to two people and both said they have to do a HP, bummer! Smiley Sad

Message 41 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called and spoke to two people and both said they have to do a HP, bummer! Smiley Sad

When was your last increase?

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 42 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have never received one, opened in September of 2014. Current balance is 0.

Message 43 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have never received one, opened in September of 2014. Current balance is 0.

Call again when your 7th billing month closes. There is still a shot. Have you used the card at all?

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 44 of 503
msbia
Established Contributor

Just thought of another data point. Unlike others I don't use my card a lot. Since opening I have put maybe...maybe...$350 through it lol. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 45 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@msbia wrote:

Just thought of another data point. Unlike others I don't use my card a lot. Since opening I have put maybe...maybe...$350 through it lol. 

I have a feeling this matters for some reason. When I was approved this past weekend I called recon to get a higher CL. I told them I was putting a down payment through it and that I had saved up some of it already but wanted to pay the rest of it off over time. This made the analyst seem interested...too interested. Got it bumped from $5k to $8.5k. They want to make sure they will collect on you...or so it seems.

Message 46 of 503
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

03/11/2015: Phone call: No APR reduction, told I had the best at 20.99%; No CLI offer without a HP; declined HP

12/2014:  $5,000 Initial CL

02/2015:  $8,300 CL from consolidation of BC cards

(CL transferred from BC Apple $3300 at 12 months - Apple card 02/2014 $2000 at 10 months Auto CLI to $3300 - now closed)

0 CLI on SM since opening Dec 2014

Run appx 65-80% CL for business expenses through card each month, leave balance and pay after statement, current statement 03/2015 $1500/$8300 CL.

Will wait out another 6-9 months for new accounts to age, Inqs to fall off or age at 12 months.

Message 47 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@LifeSAVERS wrote:

03/11/2015: Phone call: No APR reduction, told I had the best at 20.99%; No CLI offer without a HP; declined HP

12/2014:  $5,000 Initial CL

02/2015:  $8,300 CL from consolidation of BC cards

(CL transferred from BC Apple $3300 at 12 months - Apple card 02/2014 $2000 at 10 months Auto CLI to $3300 - now closed)

0 CLI on SM since opening Dec 2014

Run appx 65-80% CL for business expenses through card each month, leave balance and pay after statement, current statement 03/2015 $1500/$8300 CL.

Will wait out another 6-9 months for new accounts to age, Inqs to fall off or age at 12 months.

How is 20.99% the best CL? Jeez. That's very high. What card is that? I would try and get a soft pull CLI every 2 months or so. I really believe there is a point when Barclay is more likely to do it. I wouldn't recommend doing it for that card with 20.99% APR though, one of the others might be better.

Message 48 of 503
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

I got an auto CLI after 6th statement cut for $2000 from $2500 to $4500, funny thing is my utilization on the card was at around 80%, I guess Barclay wanted me to spend more.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 49 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

I got an auto CLI after 6th statement cut for $2000 from $2500 to $4500, funny thing is my utilization on the card was at around 80%, I guess Barclay wanted me to spend more.

I'm finding more and more info supporting what you just said in this thread every few hours lol. They seem to want spendy people. Well sucks for them because they just approved me and I hardly use my CC's.

Message 50 of 503
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.