Did you mean: 

The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

@SecretAzure wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

I got an auto CLI after 6th statement cut for $2000 from $2500 to $4500, funny thing is my utilization on the card was at around 80%, I guess Barclay wanted me to spend more.

I'm finding more and more info supporting what you just said in this thread every few hours lol. They seem to want spendy people. Well sucks for them because they just approved me and I hardly use my CC's.

I find it odd too, Chase is the opposite as with CapOne, they want to see a low utilization on the card or no spending at all.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 51 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

I got an auto CLI after 6th statement cut for $2000 from $2500 to $4500, funny thing is my utilization on the card was at around 80%, I guess Barclay wanted me to spend more.

I'm finding more and more info supporting what you just said in this thread every few hours lol. They seem to want spendy people. Well sucks for them because they just approved me and I hardly use my CC's.

I find it odd too, Chase is the opposite as with CapOne, they want to see a low utilization on the card or no spending at all.

My guess is that Chase and Capital One have plenty of people to provide them with income and so Barclay wants to make sure they have a healthy amount of members who they know are profitable because they spend a lot through them. IDK.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 52 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the analyst with BC this morning and bounced me around a few other reps.  Got interest lowered by 4 points in one card and 1 point in the other with a 0% promotion for the remainder of 2015.  

Whend asked about SP CLI, they transferred me and the rep said that the last SP was more than 30 days ago and he couldn't use that one anymore.  I just checked and indeed they SP EX on 2/10.... GRRRRRRR  I declined the offer to HP.  I'm 34 days away from the 6 month Auto CLI anyway.

Message 53 of 503
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I called an analyst yesterday and ask about a soft inquiry CLI and to see if there are any offers on my account. He said it's going to be a hard pull, he never even asked me for my name or account number. I believe he said that to shut me up. Maybe I'll try again to hopefully talk to someone that actually wants to do their job. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 54 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called the analyst with BC this morning and bounced me around a few other reps.  Got interest lowered by 4 points in one card and 1 point in the other with a 0% promotion for the remainder of 2015.  

Whend asked about SP CLI, they transferred me and the rep said that the last SP was more than 30 days ago and he couldn't use that one anymore.  I just checked and indeed they SP EX on 2/10.... GRRRRRRR  I declined the offer to HP.  I'm 34 days away from the 6 month Auto CLI anyway.

This is exactly what I was looking for! So they did a SP on 2/10. Can you go further back and see 2 pulls prior to that? Trying to establish a pattern. What website lets you see soft pulls again?

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 55 of 503
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is exactly what I was looking for! So they did a SP on 2/10. Can you go further back and see 2 pulls prior to that? Trying to establish a pattern. What website lets you see soft pulls again?

SP's are random w/regards to Barclay's...  Yes you can see history of them.. Some people get softed 3 or 4 times a month and others like myself usually get softed every two months.  When ever a soft is preformed your Fico on their site is updated as well, even if it hasn't changed score wise.

Message 56 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1.  Usually your CR will show the soft pulls by date and/or creditor.  In my case they've only softed twice in 1 year with the last being 2/10.  Prior was just a month before my last increase which coincides with the 6 month auto cli.  Mine is coming up in April, I expect another soft pull although the rep told me the system analyses my use and spending at that point. I mean, it's like clockwork.  last time it was around 2 AM on the 6 month anniversary when I checked my account and had a 3K increase.

Message 57 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

SP's are random w/regards to Barclay's...  Yes you can see history of them.. Some people get softed 3 or 4 times a month and others like myself usually get softed every two months.  When ever a soft is preformed your Fico on their site is updated as well, even if it hasn't changed score wise.

So if they soft pull you every 2 months maybe you could try a month from now with a more recent SP and see if they'll grant you a CLI this way. Besides this, congratulations on lower interest! Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 503
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SecretAzure wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So if they soft pull you every 2 months maybe you could try a month from now with a more recent SP and see if they'll grant you a CLI this way. Besides this, congratulations on lower interest! Smiley Happy

I think that is posssible.. Probably depends on the analyst you get?  Obviously they prefer a HP, but some analyst might be willing to be more flexible and bend the rules as we might be starting to see in this thread.   Just got to get one that is in a good mood that is willing to listen?  No harm in trying once you just been softed, no harm really comes out of asking..

Message 59 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that is posssible.. Probably depends on the analyst you get?  Obviously they prefer a HP, but some analyst might be willing to be more flexible and bend the rules as we might be starting to see in this thread.   Just got to get one that is in a good mood that is willing to listen?  No harm in trying once you just been softed, no harm really comes out of asking..

Exactly my thinking here! How do I check who has ran soft pulls against my credit? I'd like to keep tabs on the frequency of my soft pulls!

Message 60 of 503
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.