Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

tag
slund5499
Established Contributor

Re: The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

I noticed that Barclay SP my report on 2/10 and 2/18.

Now I carry a balance, so cannot tell if this is typical or not. These are the first SP since I opened the account 13 months ago.

My last CLI was in Aug 2014 and it was an HP.

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 61 of 503
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SecretAzure wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I called the analyst with BC this morning and bounced me around a few other reps.  Got interest lowered by 4 points in one card and 1 point in the other with a 0% promotion for the remainder of 2015.  

Whend asked about SP CLI, they transferred me and the rep said that the last SP was more than 30 days ago and he couldn't use that one anymore.  I just checked and indeed they SP EX on 2/10.... GRRRRRRR  I declined the offer to HP.  I'm 34 days away from the 6 month Auto CLI anyway.

This is exactly what I was looking for! So they did a SP on 2/10. Can you go further back and see 2 pulls prior to that? Trying to establish a pattern. What website lets you see soft pulls again?

SP's are random w/regards to Barclay's...  Yes you can see history of them.. Some people get softed 3 or 4 times a month and others like myself usually get softed every two months.  When ever a soft is preformed your Fico on their site is updated as well, even if it hasn't changed score wise.

So if they soft pull you every 2 months maybe you could try a month from now with a more recent SP and see if they'll grant you a CLI this way. Besides this, congratulations on lower interest! Smiley Happy

I think that is posssible.. Probably depends on the analyst you get?  Obviously they prefer a HP, but some analyst might be willing to be more flexible and bend the rules as we might be starting to see in this thread.   Just got to get one that is in a good mood that is willing to listen?  No harm in trying once you just been softed, no harm really comes out of asking..

Exactly my thinking here! How do I check who has ran soft pulls against my credit? I'd like to keep tabs on the frequency of my soft pulls!

Transunion and EQ you can buy reports from them and it will show who SP'ed you and when whether it was for an account review or a promotional type thing...  Just make sure you buy the right product..  EX doesn't have this feature so you got to be a bit more creative on how to get a report from EX that shows who softed you and when..  One way that you can do it once a yaer with EXP is through myannualcreditreport.com and it will show the softs..  Recently I had to call the dispute dept of ex and said listen I need to know when X company softed me and the dates since I can't purchase it from you guys and they actually provided me the info, their are other ways too... With reagards to Barclay's they mainy soft your TU, but an occasional one might appear on EQ and EX to make sure no baddies show up there they can't see on TU..  Hope this helps

Message 62 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I called the analyst with BC this morning and bounced me around a few other reps.  Got interest lowered by 4 points in one card and 1 point in the other with a 0% promotion for the remainder of 2015.  

Whend asked about SP CLI, they transferred me and the rep said that the last SP was more than 30 days ago and he couldn't use that one anymore.  I just checked and indeed they SP EX on 2/10.... GRRRRRRR  I declined the offer to HP.  I'm 34 days away from the 6 month Auto CLI anyway.

This is exactly what I was looking for! So they did a SP on 2/10. Can you go further back and see 2 pulls prior to that? Trying to establish a pattern. What website lets you see soft pulls again?

SP's are random w/regards to Barclay's...  Yes you can see history of them.. Some people get softed 3 or 4 times a month and others like myself usually get softed every two months.  When ever a soft is preformed your Fico on their site is updated as well, even if it hasn't changed score wise.

So if they soft pull you every 2 months maybe you could try a month from now with a more recent SP and see if they'll grant you a CLI this way. Besides this, congratulations on lower interest! Smiley Happy

I think that is posssible.. Probably depends on the analyst you get?  Obviously they prefer a HP, but some analyst might be willing to be more flexible and bend the rules as we might be starting to see in this thread.   Just got to get one that is in a good mood that is willing to listen?  No harm in trying once you just been softed, no harm really comes out of asking..

Exactly my thinking here! How do I check who has ran soft pulls against my credit? I'd like to keep tabs on the frequency of my soft pulls!

Transunion and EQ you can buy reports from them and it will show who SP'ed you and when whether it was for an account review or a promotional type thing...  Just make sure you buy the right product..  EX doesn't have this feature so you got to be a bit more creative on how to get a report from EX that shows who softed you and when..  One way that you can do it once a yaer with EXP is through myannualcreditreport.com and it will show the softs..  Recently I had to call the dispute dept of ex and said listen I need to know when X company softed me and the dates since I can't purchase it from you guys and they actually provided me the info, their are other ways too... With reagards to Barclay's they mainy soft your TU, but an occasional one might appear on EQ and EX to make sure no baddies show up there they can't see on TU..  Hope this helps

Thank you, super helpful information in here. You know your stuff.

Also, thanks above person for your input.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 63 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

No auto CLI for you this month?  It's been 6 months...

@slund5499 wrote:

I noticed that Barclay SP my report on 2/10 and 2/18.

Now I carry a balance, so cannot tell if this is typical or not. These are the first SP since I opened the account 13 months ago.

My last CLI was in Aug 2014 and it was an HP.

Message 64 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

No CLI today but I did get a APR decrease on my SM. 22.99% to 21.99%

Message 65 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Don't worry, Nixon will get it next month! SOFT PULL AND ALL!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 66 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

Well yeah. I am in fact expecting a 6 month CLI in May.

Message 67 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

Are you gardening currently? Or do you not do that?

Message 68 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

Yep. Got my 30 day chip yesterday.

Message 69 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

Yep. Got my 30 day chip yesterday.

Congrats, I just do it unofficially on my own. A lot of people seem not to realize that's usually the best way to build strong and healthy credit!

Message 70 of 503
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.