Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

Unfortunately, called the provided number and received nothing...no APR reduction...no SP CLI.  My 11th statement was just cut and I have had 0 auto-CLIs Smiley Sad

One more month and the promotional APR goes away (I have never carried a balance past the due date so this is inconsequential) and I am about to get hit with the AF.

Other data points for reference

Card: Arrival+ WEMC

Starting limit (and current limit): $7500

APR (after promo expires): 21.99% (The analyst commented that this was the best rate they offer......which sounds ridiculous)

Amount spent on card per month: ~$2000-$2500

Message 81 of 503
slund5499
Established Contributor

Personally, I would BT to another card that offers CLI and a lower APR.

That is just me. I don't like Barclays but I am stuck with their rewards Visa until something else comes along over the next 1-2 years.

Can't app for anything for at least 6 months and maybe up to 24 (too many inquires and accounts need to age).

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 82 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not true on the best rate part. I have a world Mastercard with them, I called yesterday and had a promo for 17.99 on that one and also lowered to 21.99 on the newer card, from 22.99.

Call again, there's alwayd a different rep with a different story.
Message 83 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw, the 17.99 was from a 22.99 rate, she lowered 4 points and the other one that went to 21.99 received a 0% promo until Dec 31st.
Message 84 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured their "best rate" was just a ploy to get the call moving towards the end.  I will call again on Monday to see if I can at least get it lowered.

Message 85 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured their "best rate" was just a ploy to get the call moving towards the end.  I will call again on Monday to see if I can at least get it lowered.

Also, they may be more likely to offer a soft-pull CLI after you've been with them a year. Just a guess. 

Never give up. Never surrender.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 86 of 503
baller4life
Super Contributor

My Sallie Mae was 3 weeks old when I got the no pull cli. So don't think it's about how old acct is.
Message 87 of 503
masscredit
Valued Contributor

This thread got me thinking... when I called to swap credit lines in November, the person I spoke with told me that they had a SP CLI offer available for one of the cards. That gave me an additional $2000.  The APR on my Apple card is 18.99% and 22.99% on the Rewards card. I think I'm going to see if I can get both of them down to 18.99%. Maybe there will be an offer available for the second card.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 88 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

This thread got me thinking... when I called to swap credit lines in November, the person I spoke with told me that they had a SP CLI offer available for one of the cards. That gave me an additional $2000.  The APR on my Apple card is 18.99% and 22.99% on the Rewards card. I think I'm going to see if I can get both of them down to 18.99%. Maybe there will be an offer available for the second card.

Never hurts to try...unless your rep is outsourced, doesn't speak english well and hard pulls you before you have time to say "no."

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 89 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke with a super nice lady through the Backdoor number. I asked for an APR reduction and she said she couldn't do that so I asked about a CLI. I was worried about how much I should ask for becuase they just approved me yesterday at 5k, so I only went for 10k and she approved it right away. Probably should have tried for higher, but I am happy.

Message 90 of 503
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.