Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Has it been stated whether its possible to go past 3X? I ask because i was approved in oct for $500 and denied at 61 days. But since approval my credit report has gone from 3 negs and 688 to 0 negs and 753. Thx
Message 3051 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may ask, but like Poke said in GWTW, "askin' ain't gettin'" LoL!!

At any rate, with your SL of 500, I'll cross my fingers, toes and eyes for ya!!
Message 3052 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was very nervous to request however I had followed the advice in here, used my card very frequently and pif before my statement closed, so I couldn't let the request pass.
I had been working toward the 61 day cli since day one, gave it a shot and it worked. Went for $25,000 since I didn't want to have to submit the t406? Lol. Thank you very much!
Message 3053 of 5,432
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@ SGTtar, basically got $2000 cli as i put in 3k for what i wanted

@luxeprw9, yes as Irish stated, this cli was granted before 61 days.

Now, im not sure if in 180 days, Amex will feel confident in giving another cli but for now im happy as at least i have some breathing room.

Thanks for the reply!

My 61st day is 4/4 but I thought I'd try today - nope!  Got the 7-10 day message!  LOL! 

Oh well, I just got approved for the Green card about a week ago, so I'm not too bummed.  I got an email that said to call for the decision so I will find out tomorrow the reason for the denial.  I hope it's just that it was too soon and not anything to do with my credit.

I spoke with a Amex rep this morning and was told that I was not eligible for a CLI request until account is 90 days old.  Since I barely got in with a $1.8k limit, I do understand.  I think I'm going to wait until my score increases before trying again. 

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 3054 of 5,432
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

After catching up on the last few pages of this thread, I'm going to attempt a CLI when I activate my SPG (hopefully arriving tomorrow although I won't be using it until next month) to test the waters, even though I recently had a CLI on Blue.  If that doesn't work, I'll try at 61 days and of course at 181 days also.  I was able to move $4k from Blue to SPG on the AmEx website, and it was going to let me do up to all but $500 ($8500) in $100 increments, but I decided to keep $5k on Blue.  I haven't hit submit to test this out, but even though I haven't even received the SPG card yet, it looks like I COULD transfer $11,500 from the SPG to the Blue now.  Hmmm, maybe I want to make one of them $16,500 first and request $49,500.  (I'm cool with the IV if it comes to that.)

Message 3055 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've recently gotten a CLI, you won't be eligible for another until 181 days from that one. The CLI's are based on customer account, not card account.
Message 3056 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for AMEX on 1/24. Yesterday was my 61st day so I requested 3k (3x SL of 1k) and got the 7-10 day message in which I was expecting soley because I have a fraud alert on my profile. I tried to remove the alert because AMEX will do a hard pull to add users or CLI's if you have a fraud alert. (speaking fromy my experience and what the rep told me when I added a user). Anyway I called today and the rep tried to tell me that I would be denied because its too soon and I need to wait 90 days. I told her to transfer me to the Credit Dept cause I already applied. Talked to a rep and he told me I have a fraud alert had to get authoriation to pull my credit and call me back on the number on my CR. He did. He asked me 2 security questions and WHALA! Approved 3x limit. 

So I am glad I got an increase being some are skeptical with low SL's. I used 1,000 prior to my 1st statement and paid it to 15% b4 statement cut. I got the $100 statement credit for using 1k within 3mths. 2nd mth I had used maybe 600 and paid it in 2 or 3 days before statement cut. 

My scores arent that high and I am working on it (was avg 582 just 1 yr ago) but what other AMEX card should I get? I have recvd an offer for Amex Green card.... 

EQ 667 EX 675 TU 660 165k Annually, all CC's around 17-20% Util

Message 3057 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me that too but I refused to listen and did the CLI anyway online yesterday (3/26/17) and was approved for 3k. My initial line was only 1,000. I would try anyway. All they can say is yes or no. But I recommend doing it online like the post instructs cause the reps give different information

Message 3058 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for AMEX on 1/24. Yesterday was my 61st day so I requested 3k (3x SL of 1k) and got the 7-10 day message in which I was expecting soley because I have a fraud alert on my profile. I tried to remove the alert because AMEX will do a hard pull to add users or CLI's if you have a fraud alert. (speaking fromy my experience and what the rep told me when I added a user). Anyway I called today and the rep tried to tell me that I would be denied because its too soon and I need to wait 90 days. I told her to transfer me to the Credit Dept cause I already applied. Talked to a rep and he told me I have a fraud alert had to get authoriation to pull my credit and call me back on the number on my CR. He did. He asked me 2 security questions and WHALA! Approved 3x limit. 

So I am glad I got an increase being some are skeptical with low SL's. I used 1,000 prior to my 1st statement and paid it to 15% b4 statement cut. I got the $100 statement credit for using 1k within 3mths. 2nd mth I had used maybe 600 and paid it in 2 or 3 days before statement cut. 

My scores arent that high and I am working on it (was avg 582 just 1 yr ago) but what other AMEX card should I get? I have recvd an offer for Amex Green card.... 

EQ 667 EX 675 TU 660 165k Annually, all CC's around 17-20% Util

Nope.

Stay with what you have now and wait for a PRG offer. It's much more valuable than the Green could ever hope to be. Also, wait for a good MR points offer, that's where the value truly lies.

Message 3059 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg omg omg tomorrow marks 61 days for my $6,000 Delta Gold, I'm so excited Smiley Surprised
Message 3060 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.