Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

My wife just said “you got like 15 letters from American Express in the mail today.” I chuckled and said I was expecting them. I told her all about the CLI and she was like ‘you did that fifteen times?’ lol. I’m a bit disappointed the mail man didn’t rubber band them together! I was looking forward to that.
Message 4231 of 5,432
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Question on this...

About a month or so ago, I requested an increase for my BCE card and it was approved.  I also have a Hilton Honors AMEX with them with a lower SL than my BCE received.  I'm curious if I'm able to request a CLI for the Hilton Honors AMEX or do I have to wait from where I did the request on the BCE.  

Thanks!!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 4232 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have to wait.  From what I understand, it's one CLI every 6 months from Amex across all accounts.

Message 4233 of 5,432
BH1985
Regular Contributor

I got my first CLI early this morning after 61 days. The card is a BCE with a $4K SL. I now have a $12k limit!

The second month I reallocated $1k from my ED card (aslo opened on April 13th with $4k SL) to the BCE, so I could've asked for $15k but after three unsuccessful CLI attempts at 12:05 AM in each successive time zone, I checkened out and only requested $12k when it turned 12:05 AM Pacific Time.

FYI, It appears Pacific Time is what matters. I tried Eastern, Central, and Mountain - all with the very same 7-10 day message and an immediate email to call a number which informed me no CLI request could be found.

Message 4234 of 5,432
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You will have to wait.  From what I understand, it's one CLI every 6 months from Amex across all accounts.

I was afraid of that.  When I did talk with AMEX on the phone earlier about something else, they said they didn't have a wait time for CLI.  But I figured that was with an HP and didn't give it a shot.  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 4235 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just hit the 181 day mark after my first CLI in 12/2017 on my Delta Gold card. My current CL is $24k, I have been reading posts that say Amex usually limits CL to around $35k. Decided to try my luck with $45k, was hit with an IV, tried $40k, again got the IV message, then tried in decrements of $1k until I was successful at $34k. I will take that for sure! Hoping to get that $5k every 6 months from now on.

DPs

Scores in sig are current

Util - 2%

AAoA - 17 months

Message 4236 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done above.

Assuming your profile stays the same or improves, the $5k/6mo thing should work out just fine for you going forward.

Message 4237 of 5,432
LunaBuna
Regular Contributor

I recently received the BCE, naturally interested in the 3X CLI at two months however I am looking at the Dico IT also.   Would applying for the Disco negatively effect my CLI with Amex if i do it prior to 61 days with Amex?  

My scores are mid 7's, and no negatives.   Credit history is 12 plus years, but CC history is only a little over a year.

Message 4238 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nicely done above.

Assuming your profile stays the same or improves, the $5k/6mo thing should work out just fine for you going forward.

Thanks!

Message 4239 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently received the BCE, naturally interested in the 3X CLI at two months however I am looking at the Dico IT also.   Would applying for the Disco negatively effect my CLI with Amex if i do it prior to 61 days with Amex?  

No, it would have no bearing at all on your Amex CLI result.  As long as your profile is equal to or greater at 61+ days compared to when you were approved for the BCE, chances are you'll receive the 3X CLI.

Message 4240 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.