Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Yes as per my memory I think i got 4K to 14K.

Message 4761 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for suggestion, So i was denied last time when i requested for it. Does the time start from that, or it will be last time i got my CLI.

Message 4762 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for suggestion, So i was denied last time when i requested for it. Does the time start from that, or it will be last time i got my CLI.

It goes from the date of your last CLI.

Message 4763 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first AMEX has a nice CL but when I opened the second they took $5k from my first card for the SL. Will my second card be eligible for a possible 3x? Does this mean that I won't get any more increases on either card?

Message 4764 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're missing a few bits of info for a person to make the best hypothesis. 

Like did you ever request a CLI on the first card? If so, any future CLI will have to be 181 days after the last one received. 

Your raccount with Amex generally is allowed a 3X CLI 61 days after opening, then again 181 days later. 

How old is teh first card?

If you've never taken CLI on the first card, you should technically be eligible to request one on the new card 61 days after opening?

Or you should be eligible for a CLI right now on the first one. Which I would do if the CL is higher than card #2. As you can always reallocated a portion of that card's CL to the new one if desired. 

Message 4765 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Janus:
Yes, last CLI on first card brought it to $30k+. Next eligibility for a CLI is in ~2 months.
I didn't realize they would take from my existing card, so it would be nice to get a CLI on my second card the next opportunity and realloc the $5k back to the first. If it's not possible to get 3x on second cards, then I'd just continue with the next opportunity for a CLI on my first card.
I'm also wondering if the was they did the SL on my second card means I've reached the maximum my CL can be overall with my profile.

Message 4766 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have the everyday blue.... for about 4 months..got 3xlimit on that one which means I still have 4 months before I can apply for higher CL

So now I have the preferred..... alot of people say dont try on the new card. The 61 days.... ...another poster said yes hit increase....the 3x credit limit only is with new cards.....yal so confusting.......I mean why not try to raise the BCP...... .... I was wondering since my last credit increase was for blue 4 months ago I know no cli for 6 months

But does a new card....they started me with a 4 grand limit. 3harged 399 Paid off in full ............right now we just did the max 4k
....paid the next day....

Guess my question is can I ask for a 3z cli at 31 days like I did before

Message 4767 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex treats all accounts as one with regard to CLIs. They see it as increasing the customer, not a particular card the customer holds. You got a CLI on a card. From that date, you have to wait 181 days before any of your cards are eligible for an increase.

You can try if you like, but it should be a decline. The upside is that being denied based on timeframe rather than for credit related reasons will not reset the clock - you’ll just wait the remainder of the 181 days before you’re eligible. If you’re eligible and declined for credit reasons, you have to wait 91 days to try again.

Message 4768 of 5,432
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex treats all accounts as one with regard to CLIs. They see it as increasing the customer, not a particular card the customer holds. You got a CLI on a card. From that date, you have to wait 181 days before any of your cards are eligible for an increase.

You can try if you like, but it should be a decline. The upside is that being denied based on timeframe rather than for credit related reasons will not reset the clock - you’ll just wait the remainder of the 181 days before you’re eligible. If you’re eligible and declined for credit reasons, you have to wait 91 days to try again.

Ok now I'M confused because I remember asking this question and another poster said it resets the clock no matter what the denial reason was. My AMEX cards have been stuck at $1,000 for a whole freaking year. I got a CLI on my BCE in January (it was automatic), but I can't seem to get any other ones on the other 2 cards. 

Ok holy moly!!! I just requested one and it was actually APPROVED!!! I only requested $5,000 (why do I always low ball it????). Can I call in and request more, or do they not do that kind of thing at AMEX? 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 4769 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

As for the resetting thing. I once requested too early and was denied, waited another couple weeks and it went through. I was just a bit off on my math was all. However, if I had been denied for any other reason, then I would have had to wait the 91 days. 

Message 4770 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.