Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird Amex x3 CLI denial

Have you verified that the actual opening date for the account is July 27?

Anyway, there's no real reason to guess.  Go to Amex LOC Status Check and input the requested information and you should see a copy of the Notice of Adverse Action that will be mailed to you.  That notice should contain the specific reasons for the denial.  It should be noted that 61 day CLI is not automatic and it appears that a large percentage of people who request it are denied.

Message 4791 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked Amex a few days ago about the opening date to make sure, and they confrimed July 27th.

The CSR was able to pull out the letter on his hand and told me the reason was I basically applied too soon, which is what surprized me. I did not get any mail from amex so I don't have the PCN to check on your link...

Message 4792 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you made an online request for the CLI, you should have received an email from Amex acknowledging the request.  The reference number in the email is the same as the PCN.

Message 4793 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was able finally to get the PCN, says request is pending without any additional info. Probably because they transfer my request for a manual review I guess ? 

Message 4794 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a CSR over the phone, said that the manual review had the same result : denied because the account was opened too early. She said to reapply in 90 days, but I read that when the denial reason was that the applicant was not yet eligible, you did not have to wait that amount of time. Should I wait for the letter or given the reason I was given over the phone should I just re-apply within a few days ?

Message 4795 of 5,432
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Funny it was just a few years ago when CO was handing out cards with monster CL like candy.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 4796 of 5,432
ironchef
Regular Contributor

AMEX EDP CLI REQUEST

Hi guys looking for some feed back . ' 

Whats safe to request with amex on EDP while having a CL of 20k . I know the 3x cl request which i did ask 6 mo ago and got but wanted to see how to stay under radar with them without any docs etc. 

Message 4797 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX EDP CLI REQUEST

In the past $35k was considered the threshold for requiring POI. You can put in what you want and if they ask for POI, just back out and lower your number. Do this until they say OK. In the mail you’ll receive a letter regarding POI for each request that led to it - these can be ignored.
Message 4798 of 5,432
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Tell the truth on your income and request what you want

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4799 of 5,432
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Mine started at $20k when I got my first Amex last month. I'm honest on my income numbers but I don't really want to suppy additional information. I'm thinking about asking a CLI to $35k next year and hoping it won't raise any alarms.

Message 4800 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.